Incuview Incubator

who knows, that one might be the one you might like..
I noticed that there is a 220V and a 120V model
which one did you get ?

He got the 120V

who knows, that one might be the one you might like..
I noticed that there is a 220V and a 120V model
which one did you get ?

Yup, he's a keeper ... Builds my enclosures as I need :)

The fan cover has been solved ... it is now similar to a mesh that covers the fan. The hygrometer matches the 2nd hygrometer that I bought to check accuracy. I did need to calibrate the temp just a bit, but it was very easy to do with the instructions that come with the Incuview. Our first eggs are arriving next week, so my Incuview will have its first eggs for hatching ... Ancona duck eggs! :)

well, I think we are addicted, every spring my daugher (8) and my son (6) get excited about hatching more eggs. we end up swapping a few hens out, giving them away to others that are just getting started. we are fortunate to have a proven broody and I have generally concluded that broody hens were the way to go. This year my kids have gotten into 4-H and want to hatch some eggs inside again, hand raise them and take them to the county fair. my cooler bator worked pretty well a few years ago but requires a lot of fiddling to keep on spec and the Hova Bator I borrowed from the coop also left some things to be desired. so after having my eye on the incuview and reading everything I can, I ordered the advanced version on IW's web site. I could not tell what the difference was between the regular and advanced but I am glad to read that by chance I went with the advanced and I am getting the digital hydrometer. I swear I went line by line between the two on the web site and could not figure out what the difference is, my guess is that they have a bunch of the older units, that have worked well for folks and want to move them before eliminating the original option. anyway, we are super excited, have 13 Belgem Bearded D'Anvers under a broody while we are out of town and I am planning on moving them to the incuview when it arrives for the final hatch. our broody is a BO and the size difference between BBD and BO's can cause issues. I have a friend who doesn't want the hassle of hand raising her first chicks so we are going to go get some day olds and see if the BO will accept them when we remove the BBD eggs. we are planning on doing the nighttime swap. anyway, the incuview looks awesome for the money and very nice for kids to watch the hatching process. i'll report back on the outcome, it should be here by next week!

@Birdinhand Have read, somewhere in here, when taking the eggs from the Broody to put in the incubator it's best to do "later than sooner" and at night. Reason was taking the eggs from the Broody & placing chicks under her too early throws off her "clock", she may reject the chicks.
Think the thread was in this forum, I will try to locate it ....

it might help to leave just one egg with the broody and chicks for a couple of days.
she should abandon the egg when the chicks are ready to leave the nest. then put it into the incubator.
more than likely, the chances of the chicks leaving their new mama than she leaving the chicks..
make sure there is a fence around her or have her in a cage where the chicks cannot roam..

Hey BYC members, we love reading through this thread keep it coming. Just popping in to give some updates on a few questions and concerns.

1 - Yes, the fan guard issue has been taken care, we now have a nice metal mesh guard on the fan. This guard works very well and is 100% safe for the chicks.

2 - The old style analog hygrometer has been replaced with a nice new digital hygrometer. The sensor is very accurate and they have been working extremely well and getting great customer feedback.

3 - We do have sales from time to time, best way to find out about them is to follow us on Facebook or sign up for our email news letter (sorry, no links, gotta keep those admins happy). We also sell refurbished units on our eBay store if you want a good deal on a rebuilt incubator.

4 - We offer a 1 year warranty on our new incubators that covers any faults or defects. If you ever have an issue you can contact us via phone, email, website chat, and Facebook. We are open for customer service Monday through Friday from 9 to 5 mountain time. We pride ourselves on our customer service, never hesitate to reach out to us via one of the methods mentioned above if you have any questions, comments or concerns.

Hopefully this information is helpful, have a great weekend everyone. :thumbsup

2 - The old style analog hygrometer has been replaced with a nice new digital hygrometer. The sensor is very accurate and they have been working extremely well and getting great customer feedback.
Not to doubt you, but have been wondering if I can remove hygrometer to test.
Looks like it's clipped in pretty good, but may be able to compress clips?

P.S. Your response here to issues is why I bought an Incuview....well that and the awesome clear cover

Not to doubt you, but have been wondering if I can remove hygrometer to test.
Looks like it's clipped in pretty good, but may be able to compress clips?

P.S. Your response here to issues is why I bought an Incuview....well that and the awesome clear cover

You can pop it out, yes. If you flip the lid over you will see 2 small compressible tabs that hold it in. It takes a good amount of pressure to press them in while pushing the hygrometer out. After that you are free to openly test it as you need.

Back
Top Bottom