Incuview Incubator

Anyone have this much fuzz on the fan intake screen after a hatch?
This is only my 2nd hatch with this machine, but the first hatch was way less accumulation on screen but maybe more in water reservoirs.
I wonder if the dividers I used inhibited the air circulation so fuzz accumulated on screen instead of reservoirs?
There was more fuzz on eggs and chicks than before too.
Maybe just super fuzzy chicks.
View attachment 1358571
Mine had some fuzz but no where near that much from the guineas.

Oops, sorry Aart!

Name is close to Art, which I know of as short for Arthur. I should know better.

Nowhere near that much fan fuzz on any of my many hatches.

I use the hose attachment on my vacuum to clean off the fuzz. Wipe the lid with soapy water. Clean the bottom with bleach water, rinse well, dry out in sun.

Just put 1 turkey and 5 chicken eggs in lockdown. I wanted to show the basket I use to separate eggs. It takes up a lot of real estate, so I only use this one when I don't have very many eggs to hatch.

IMG_5823.JPG

IMG_5822.JPG

I got it at Goodwill. It's for washing baby things in the dishwasher. I had to take the top half of it off, because it was originally a 2 level basket.

Do you always put it where the heat sensor is inside the basket?

Looks like it fits nice, wonder if 4 would fit in?

Think 3 or 4 eggs could fit?

Aart, I answered inside the quotes, but it's hard to pick out my writing from yours cuz it's all italics. Not sure how to change text color on my phone, but I did just manage to change font, so I will try doing that.

Do you always put it where the heat sensor is inside the basket?

I always put it in that spot, because if I recall correctly, it didn't fit anywhere else. The heat sensor being in it is just random. Sometimes the heat sensor is bent a different direction.

Looks like it fits nice, wonder if 4 would fit in?
No, I have two, and I think they only fit on the right and the left, but possibly the turner arm might prevent it from going on the right. And the front and back sides of the incuview were too narrow for it to fit. But, I have been able to put (if I recall) 6 eggs in it.

Think 3 or 4 eggs could fit?

It's not the best thing overall, but it was cheap, and works for small batches. I bet a foam incubator could fit more of them. My Genesis is a lot deeper than the Incuview. (But I don't hatch in that. Only incubate, then move to the Incuview for hatching cuz it's easier to clean and has a better lid for viewing.)

I have a couple other basket divider things I've used. But I was looking at what I have due to hatch next week, and I realized that they might not fit for the number of turkey eggs I want to keep separate. So I ordered these from Amazon:
IMG_5838.JPG

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001CDD0X8/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll have to post an update on how they work out.

Last edited:
I was wondering if there is a certain way I should arrange the eggs since I won't be filling the incubator since I'm only putting 12 eggs in and 6 of those are bantam eggs. Should they all be next to each other in the middle? Spread out? Around the perimeter? Does it even matter?

I was wondering if there is a certain way I should arrange the eggs since I won't be filling the incubator since I'm only putting 12 eggs in and 6 of those are bantam eggs. Should they all be next to each other in the middle? Spread out? Around the perimeter? Does it even matter?
I'd spread them out.

I think spreading them out to help with air flow is best, and then any time you candle them move them to a different location in case you have hot/cold spots in your incubator. But when they get close to hatching, there is a school of thought that says to move them in to where they touch. Apparently there is some clicking/tapping that goes on that may be communication between hatchlings. Possibly it can help shorten your hatch time.

I think spreading them out to help with air flow is best, and then any time you candle them move them to a different location in case you have hot/cold spots in your incubator. But when they get close to hatching, there is a school of thought that says to move them in to where they touch. Apparently there is some clicking/tapping that goes on that may be communication between hatchlings. Possibly it can help shorten your hatch time.
You are the second person I've heard this from lately. My turkeys go into lockdown tonight. I think I will test this out by making them touch.

Oh, I never followed up on last week's hatch. Of my one turkey and 5 chicken eggs, I got 4 chickens. (About 66% hatch rate.) The turkey was an early quitter, and the 1 chicken had just a blood ring.

Barn yard mix:
IMG_5843.JPG
IMG_5846.JPG
IMG_5857.JPG

They are in on-the-job training this week for their upcoming turkey mentoring position. :)

Back
Top Bottom