Incuview Incubator

I am sorry the water trick didn't work for you.
with my 3 sportsmans, it worked every time.
If I saw the temperature start to climb, I just added water and it stabilized again.
I had 8 hova bators and the water trick worked in them also..
just a thought: if your temperature is lower at the bottom of the incubator, maybe it is because there is water/moisture down there and it is evaporating. whenever water evaporates it cools..
I would not worry about the temperature differences as long as the temperature around the eggs is 99.5 or so..

The temp at the bottom where my thermometer is, is steady at 101°. I worry that the temp at the top of the eggs will be too high for proper development. I'd hate to risk an egg. I'm hoping to get Temps where they are supposed to be without having to do any more effort than the normal stuff. If all else fails, I can manually adjust the temp, but hopefully not on a brand new incubator.

You definitely need a tight fitting lid and please do contact @IncubatorWarehouse.com. You've tried so many things at this point. If there's any issue with the incubator, they'll make it right.

No, not feet or toes. Beaks get snagged a lot, but I’ve been happy to note that they always manage to pull their beaks back in. :D
I’ve tried a lot of different “pedigree” methods, and this one may just be my keeper method. The bags come super long, so I cut them to the size I want and use a twistie tie to close them. (2 twistie ties for the half that gets cut away from the sealed end.)
When I do lockdown, I write a list of what eggs are in each bag, and I use colored twistie ties to differentiate the bags. Then I use color coded zip ties to I.D. the chicks.
Now THAT is a pain, keeping an eye on which age group of chicks needs their bands changed before they get too tight! 🙇‍♀️

It's hard keeping up with leg bands on small chicks and sometimes they get lost. I use a toe punch method with the little ones and use leg bands later after they stop growing so quickly.

If all else fails, I can manually adjust the temp, but hopefully not on a brand new incubator.

I think it’s commonplace for incubators to need their setting adjusted. And for their built-in thermometers to be a little off. That’s why so many people stress the importance of having an independent trusted thermometer and hygometer. I have 3 incubators and they all work great. But I have never gone by what they say on their displays. Sometimes they coordinate with my separate instruments, and sometimes they don’t. I do think my Incuview is pretty darn close though.

I ended up moving the incubator to an unused bedroom/nursery and placed the incubator on top of a solid wooden changing table, against a wall but NOT in a corner like I had before. I purchased 2 more thermometers (needed something until I recieve the thermoworks thermometer). I contacted IW and Patrick asked me to set up a trusted thermometer within 1 inch of the Incuview therm probe. I don't know how accurate either of the thermometers are, so I purchased 2 others locally. That makes 4 untrusted therms. I wasn't sure if the metal on the brooder therm was possibly making things warmer, so I removed it. The 3 therms have been in the Incuview, like they are now, since 9am this morning. I've got 4 different readings from 4 thermometers, but they're not extremely far off from each other. The turner has been off since last night so I could place the thermometers. What are your thoughts now? Would you trust and use this incubator now with some very important eggs? My hatch rates have been horrible but I truly believe it's the shipping as I've had so much trouble lately. I believe all of my eggs have been left sitting in route to me for an entire weekend or at least 4 to 5 days. The eggs I received yesterday are really important as they are my 8 year old daughter's "unicorn" chickens. She's been dreaming of this breed since we started with chickens and I'd love for some to hatch for her. What are your thoughts? I've got to set these eggs tonight, in the Incuview or move eggs around to get them in another incubator. Thank you for your time and thoughts
20200618_215909.jpg

Edited to add that I have 11 eggs to set tonight, so there will be plenty of room for the thermometers to stay. I am up for hand turning if necessary as the air cells look poor anyway.

I'd go for it.
The 3 are within 0.5°?
The zoo-med is a bit lower?
What's weird is how far off the hygrometers are, but those are easy to test.

I am up for hand turning if necessary as the air cells look poor anyway.
'Poor' how...as in detached?

WTHeck is a unicorn chicken?

I'd go for it.
The 3 are within 0.5°?
The zoo-med is a bit lower?
What's weird is how far off the hygrometers are, but those are easy to test.

'Poor' how...as in detached?

WTHeck is a unicorn chicken?
Yes they are detached. 1 of them looks better than the others with it just being saddled. There was a broken egg, so I imagine they were jostled around a lot. I've had so much trouble with shipped eggs and my hatch rates have been horrible, but I strongly feel like it's an issue of being shipped.

I just used "unicorn" as an adjective in it's something she's wanted for quite some time and figured her dream of having it wouldn't become reality. Like it's out of grasp, I guess. She compared wanting them like some other girl wanted a unicorn.

Last edited:
Might want to figure out how to start incubation with them upright.
Not sure an egg carton would fit in the Incuview.
I had one once, think I used a bottle cap and or short section of PVC pipe.

:D
Bottom cut out of egg cups in egg carton works in incuveiw. I left the turner in and straddled it down the center of the carton. When the turner moves it tilts smaller eggs in the carton to one side of the carton
KIMG0260_01.JPG

Hey, I’m just gonna jump in here:D I just wrapped up incubating 3 different sets of shipped eggs plus some from home in my 2 incuviews. It was a dismal hatch this go round sadly but the eggs that shipped from the shortest distance and my own eggs had the best outcome- I knew I was really risking it with how far the other eggs were coming from. But I had 2 other hatches in the incuview earlier this year and had over 90% hatch rate, so I think it’s more a shipped egg problem then an incubator problem. But my incuview has always ran way too hot unless I calibrate it to between +1.2-2.0. And I have temp differences from 99.5 along the front to +101 in one back corner and 100.5 in the other. So I just do my best to move the eggs around so the same ones aren’t always in the hot spots. And with shipped eggs I cut the bottom out of the cardboard egg cartons and cut the sides way down and put my shipped eggs in that until the aircells stabilize.

Back
Top Bottom