India Blue/Purple Peafowl?

Thanks
big_smile.png

Thats what i thought , i got them as chicks , she was sent to me as a white . Glad to hear she is a silver pied , now to get her a silver piedmale within driving distance. :( ..... No one around has any thing but blues

So what would I get out of a white eye Purple hen and a pied India Blue cock? I don't know if my cock is split to anything so lets just assume the only special thing is the pied gene. I know nothing of his parents. The hen was sold to me as a regular India blue, but turns out she's not. I'm assuming her white eye india blue father was split to purple and nobody knew. I have my guesses on what my babies will throw, but I'd love some more knowledgeable answers. Some recent ish pictures of the two. We free range, so I'll be egg hunting when they come of age. That or penning them up during their season.
23285.jpeg
1204191629e.jpg

So what would I get out of a white eye Purple hen and a pied India Blue cock? I don't know if my cock is split to anything so lets just assume the only special thing is the pied gene. I know nothing of his parents. The hen was sold to me as a regular India blue, but turns out she's not. I'm assuming her white eye india blue father was split to purple and nobody knew. I have my guesses on what my babies will throw, but I'd love some more knowledgeable answers. Some recent ish pictures of the two. We free range, so I'll be egg hunting when they come of age. That or penning them up during their season.View attachment 2003142View attachment 2003143

Hi, new member, but I’ve been coming here for a couple of years and have learned so much.
Last summer I hatched five pea babies and two of them look a lot like that top picture. I will try to post a picture and maybe you guys can tell me what I got. I was really hoping for purple but have not found many pictures.
D5F707D9-6145-4BE7-B1A7-3D3C794DE875.jpeg

Hi, new member, but I’ve been coming here for a couple of years and have learned so much.
Last summer I hatched five pea babies and two of them look a lot like that top picture. I will try to post a picture and maybe you guys can tell me what I got. I was really hoping for purple but have not found many pictures. View attachment 2013146
Both are hens, the lighting does not allow me to say what color although they look IB in this pic. Look for purple or green color on the back of the neck in daylight.

Back
Top Bottom