Nov 29, 2020
Hello, so I have a fawn and white runner drake, blue runner hen, fawn and white runner hen, and 2 chocolate runner hens. What colors would I get from the FW runner drake x Chocolate runner hen, FW runner drake x blue runner hen? I'm just getting into genetics for ducks so any information on that would be helpful too! Thank you in advance!

Hello, so I have a fawn and white runner drake, blue runner hen, fawn and white runner hen, and 2 chocolate runner hens. What colors would I get from the FW runner drake x Chocolate runner hen, FW runner drake x blue runner hen? I'm just getting into genetics for ducks so any information on that would be helpful too! Thank you in advance!
FW drake x Blue hen you could get a blue bibbed I have one! I breed Indian Runners! And for the FW drake x chocolate hen that could be this really weird color but I’m not to sure if it’s the rooster parents! But I think

ED56BBAC-7E06-4F96-8C68-F125581AB726.jpeg

have you ever bred an F&W drake to a Black hen? I'm trying to figure out what my ducklings will look like in 6 weeks (I'm impatient lol)
Yes, well kinda, she was mated with FW drakes and I collected her eggs. I got a bark blue. What do you Ducklings look like?

Yes, well kinda, she was mated with FW drakes and I collected her eggs. I got a bark blue. What do you Ducklings look like?
I posted a bunch of pics of them here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...black-runner-duck-pics.1456235/#post-24246202

There are definitely some dark grays (blue?) in the litter, there are some light grays, and some weird "mauvey" looking ducks that have like this even almost rust-colored head!

What is bark blue?? Sounds pretty!

Looking at your blue bibbed, I'm thinking my ducklings may be bibbed as well! The Extended Black mom has a small white patch on her breast which I didn't think much of but now all her babies have a broken runner pattern where the white from their neck continues all the way down all their bellies!

Back
Top Bottom