Indian runner eggs from Uk to Thailand

andycrosby

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 25, 2011
North East Thailand
I live in Thailand and there are no Indian runner ducks here I brought some eggs off Ebay and not one was fertile, nice person. Anyway I have a mate coming out here again on the 27th of September could anyone tell me the best way to bring the eggs in a suitcase or by hand carry ? I still need to buy some more eggs if anyone can help there, he lives in London. I would love the ones with the pom poms. If no pom poms then that does not matter to much. I dont care about color as long as they look nice and are 100% Indian Runners but the blacks look nice so do the Apricot and trout.
Any help would be great I miss my Runners from back home and I am more than willing to pay for eggs and post to London a few days before he leaves for the Airport as timing is everything

You may want to check out quarantine laws before going ahead with your plans if you havent already Eggs may not be the same as illegal drugs- but if live animals entering the country must be put in Quarantine for 30 days- it is likely that your friend will have the eggs confiscated. They must be declared - even as food if not fertile eggs. Your friend could be fined as well depending on the laws. Laws in each country can vary- but you will find that most countries will not allow eggs to be brought in.

There was and is no problem with the law and getting the eggs in to Thailand. My problem is that I need to know if putting them in the hold killed the last batch or did I buy a load of duds. My friend will hand carry them this time in his carry on bag. He is leaving London on the 25th of September if anyone can help please let me know as soon as possible. As time is running out

I would definitely recommend hand carrying. Baggage is often handled quite roughly and it's very likely that killed your previous eggs. Shipped eggs are often badly damaged and hatch rates tend to be quite low (all the way down to zero) for the same reason.

I would say, put them in an egg carton that can be easily opened, then place them in a padded carry-on bag that can be easily opened to show to security. Do not let them put them through the xray! Tell the security agent that you have fertile eggs and request that they be hand-inspected. I'm not sure whether they will be allowed, though--they may not meet the regulations for carrying liquids on board.

But if he can carry them on, that will be by far your best bet. Good luck!!

Yes, if you can have them hand carried, that will greatly increase your chance of them living. I've had duck eggs shipped even short distances and fertility was very poor due to damage, particularly of the air cell. As for the ebay eggs, chances are pretty good they were fine and shipping killed them.

They will need to be well protected, because the luggage bins over the seats are always over-full with people pushing and shoving and trying to cram more into them. So well padded and carried in something that can't be crushed.

I also have been trying for awhile to find some runner ducks over here but no luck.I think Andy is no longer in Thailand because i talked to some one who said he got Andys runners but that is where that ended.
Anyone out there who can help us locate some Indian runners?

Back
Top Bottom