Indiana 2010 Chickenstock-2011 NEWS!!

It's open. So you're invited.
smile.png

Quote:
It's open to all BYC members and poultry enthusiast and you are welcome to come!
tongue.png
We only ask that you make a reservation and IF you can do so, bring a side dish or make a small donation. All of the info is on the first post of this thread. Welcome to BYC!

Kinda funny, Kathleen just talked to anouther local person just last night that had seen this thread that thought this might be some private event.
Not sure why, but all BYC members and their friends and family are welcome to sign up to come, as well as other poultry folks that don't nessesarily own computers or get on the internet.

The T-shirts are not panning out for this year.
sad.png
I really wanted to do that but we just don't have the means or the time left to get that one done. I definatly want to try to do that next year though! It's just been a very tough year for Kathleen and I finacially and we really just didn't have the "up front" money as we've spent on so many other things for this event.

I am getting soo excited... Its just around the corner now .... Rob have you all eaten any of the turkeys yet??? I am dying to see what mine turned out like .. But once grandma heard we had home grown tukey for thanksgiving she made us swear to save both... Uggh .. LOL they are some pretty looking turkeys though.... NO worries on the t's im sure we can ALL relate to money issues ATM...,. Hope you and Kathleen are well.. Talk to you soon...

Quote:
Why Yes! Yes we did!
tongue.png
Kathleen cooked one last Sunday. IT WAS VERY DELICIOUS!
droolin.gif
thumbsup.gif

Awesome... I have to say they really did turn out well.. I was very suprised by how nice they processed out.. May have to do a fall batch as well????? And just to make everyone jealous of how amazing our birds did.. LOL Here is a photo of my three and they are the smallest, Rob and Kathleens were HUGE....
24186_turkey.jpg

droolin.gif
We got six Bourbon Reds a few months ago. I can't wait to see how they turn out. Hopefully, they will be ready just in time for Thanksgiving. We plan of eating a couple and keeping the rest to start breeding our own. I so love home grown food!

Quote:
Yep, homegrown is BEST! We (CoopCrazy and Schultz) had the Broad-breasted bronze.

Quote:
We aren't sure yet if we want to do more freedom ranger chickens or more turkeys this fall. It's been pretty hard on the wallet (feed bill)to try to do them both like we did this spring/summer. Geeze do those monsters eat!
barnie.gif

Quote:
Yep, homegrown is BEST! We (CoopCrazy and Schultz) had the Broad-breasted bronze.

Quote:
We aren't sure yet if we want to do more freedom ranger chickens or more turkeys this fall. It's been pretty hard on the wallet (feed bill)to try to do them both like we did this spring/summer. Geeze do those monsters eat!
barnie.gif

I feel you there... How are the freedoms doing in their new enclosure??? Also let me know if oyu guys want to see about using my bulk feed pricing at my local feedstore.. I think you would save alot and the owner just likes to be able move large amounts of the meatbird so he gives me an awesome deal ./...

Back
Top Bottom