Indiana 2010 Chickenstock-2011 NEWS!!

Quote:
Free

But if you feel obligated to pay somebody something, I'd be more than willing to take whatever you want to give so you can ease your conscience.

lol.png

wink.png

Quote:
Yep, It's free!
tongue.png
We only request that everyone that CAN afford it to bring some sort of side dish or drinks ect. or just chip in somehow. But again, ONLY if you can afford to do so. No admission charge for this event
tongue.png

Ok everyone, the main page is updated again and many thanks to Judy for compiling the list of things people might be bringing. We are 3 weeks away so I am going to go through the thread to make sure I have all the names added. I have also PM'd everyone the new parking info and the items list. Thank you everyone for all your effort and keeping Chickenstock alive! Without you and BYC, this would not be possible!

Thanks so much, Kathleen and Rob! I'm really excited.
smile.png
I may be bringing a third person. My brother may be visiting from out of state that weekend. If so, he'll be tagging along. Hope that's okay!

Also, I doubt anyone needs one, but if anyone wants a RIR rooster, or even a Leghorn roo I have some available. They're 18 wks old and very friendly. They're my 3 year old's favorites to haul around (well, he can't catch the leghorn's but the RIR roos are his lap birdies, lol).

Quote:
I'll admit, he laughed out loud when I said he'd be going to Chickenstock if he visited that weekend.
wink.png

Don't worry, he won't be the only non chicken enthusiast here but hey, everyone is welcome. We're just a bunch of good folks getting together for the greater good!

Last edited:
Question??? Will there be anyone there doing demos? Nail/beak trimming, candling? Any vendors?

Good question and a great idea! I have not had anyone volunteer to do any demonstrations for trimming or candling but if we have someone that is highly experienced in this area and is interested in doing a demo for us, I think this would be great! If you would like, I can show someone how we candle. As for official vendors, we don't really have one that will be here that I know of but there will be quite a few people with items for sale. This is a pretty small event compared to a poultry show. Basically, this is a get together for people to have good food and good company, buy/sell/swap items and just have a good time. With that said, I will ask if there are any volunteers who would like to do a demonstration, please do not volunteer if you are not proficient in this area. I can set up an area just for you.

Demonstration we would like to see:
Candling
Nail trimming
Beak trimming (NOT de-beaking)
Spur trimming

Please PM me if interested!

My wife Carmen and I would like to attend and possibly bring a friend. We live in Gnawbone just outside Nashville In. We have around 60 Chickens. 8 Peacocks, 6 Chinese Pheasants and a white turkey. We plan on bringing some sort of covered dish. I'll have to talk with Carmen and find out what she would like to put together.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom