Indiana 2010 Chickenstock-2011 NEWS!!

Quote:
Well, we are coming from about 3 hours away, and the cost is well worth it! You will have a ball.
big_smile.png

We can't camp. Have to get back to let the dog out. I was wondering, since we probably won't get back before dark that day, would it be best to just leave the chickens in the coop. They will be free range, so no fencing to protect them. We just got the coop finished yesterday and they spent their first night there last night. They are 12 weeks old and will be leaving them in the coop al week as suggested in other threads on BYC.

Our's stay in their coop when we go away for the weekend. Just give them plenty of food & water and they will be fine. Once you're back, they can go free again!

It's getting closer isn't it?
woot.gif
I just can't wait! From this Friday coming up until next Wed I'll be at the Marion County fair if anyone wants to drop by!
smile.png

Does anyone have any emus or ostriches?(sp?) If so would you want to sell a couple eggs? I'm not going to hatch I just want them for my blown out egg collection (I know weird right? LOL) and maybe 1 or 2 to eat! Just name how much you would want to sell them for. Any other cool colored eggs are welcome to! Also if anyone wants a certain egg blown out just let me know so I can bring my little kit. So far I've done eggs from songbirds to buttonquail and up to a goose egg.

I will be bringing hatching eggs in:
LF White leghorn
Bantam wyandottes (blue roo over black hens)
Coturnix quail (jumbo male over 2 jumbos,1 tibetan,1 tibetan tux, 1 italian/english mix,and 2 cinnamons hens)

Sadly I might be having to rehome my leghorns If anyone close is interested let me know They must be WELL taken care of in the winter. I WILL NOT let my babies go to a bad home.

Coopycrazy... I think one of my coturnix hens got hit by lightning when she was laying. Everyone is fine but I found an egg to were it looks burnt at the small end
lau.gif
gig.gif
It's blown out so I'll have to post a picture of it when I get the time. We've been having hardboiled quail eggs like nuts around here, just boiled 4 dz of them yesterday. I'm getting around 6-7 a day.

Is the leghorn group a trio of whites? How much would you want and could you bring them to chickenstock? I have 3 hens now with no fella. I never had a roo to go with them, I only got the hens free from Craigslist last winter.

I might bring the following if I can make it.....

*8 Bantam RIR Hens
*6+ BBS Swedish Duck Hatching Eggs

Thats all I have avaliable at the moment. I would like to sell the bantam hens after July 30th if anyone is interested in them before the chickenstock.

I'd like to come. Indianpolis isn't anywhere near me but I have a friend that lives there. It's time for a visit. If I can get my car fixed or get DH to come we can bring his truck. Depends on what I have at the time on what i'll bring to swap or sell. Will bring food too. I just need an address. I'll know if I can come when it gets closer to time. Right now I have some silkie cross chicks, sizzle teenager cockerels and some americauna chicks. I'm sure I would bring hatching eggs too. If the Phoenix don't sell here I would bring them also. I have 7 of those. I would like to find some white crested black polish and frizzled would be perfect. I could use a blue orphington roo, my girl would be real happy to see him.
droolin.gif

Quote:
You are cerainly welcome to!
smile.png
We had a guy from as far away as England last year! You would also be a contender for the longest distance traveled contest for this year!
tongue.png
The link to our place on the google map is on the main post but I'll give it to you here also http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....690528,-86.257567&spn=0.007777,0.013497&z=16 Just be sure to let us know.
wink.png

ETA: LOL! I just looked at that link for the first time in awhile and it appears that they have updated the arial shot. Looks like I had just returned from the feed store as the bed of my truck is full of feed sacks.
gig.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom