INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    The Great Chicken Fest of 2013 was a huge success, thanks to Patrick & Wade's efforts and remarkable hospitality. Man, can Wade cook!!!!!! Much better than the sack of White Castles I would have provided.

I apologize for not being at all gregarious yesterday. Summer cold/bubonic plague/galloping crud kinda took the edge off. Even with that, I had a remarkable day of bonding with my fellow chicken afflicted brethren/sisteren.

Too Fast - cool car. I wish I had taken the time to give it a real good look over.

Cheryl - thanks for making me a hitman for hire (I murdered a couple of guys for 50 each for her). I am working on the story to go with that statement, but I haven't quite got it polished up for presentation yet. I may enlist Too Fast's help. He suffers some of the same mental derangement that makes me so "special".

Patrick, Wade - kudos on your house, horse barn, utility barn, and poultry facilities. Incredible place for guys with the vision and energy you two have. It takes a lot to impress me, you guys do.

Thanks again, Patrick and Wade.

John

2. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    I am planning to go to the Lebanon show in Oct, so that may be a good time. Otherwise, we can plan to maybe meet somewhere. I'm not figuring to have much in the way of work for him to do until spring, and even then, he'd be my backup roo. so not in any big hurry.

3. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    x2! I would definitely have liked to take a closer look, but got swamped.

Speaking of swamped, during chores this morning, I noticed my bucket of fermented feed bubbling away. We got so busy that we forgot to do our little demo on that. I guess we will just have to pepper Jchny with questions instead!

4. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Sounds good, we can just plan on that. Otherwise, I will likely be in the area around sept for work, however, I'd have to get rid of my chick before training and pick up the other after training. I don't think they would appreciate a rooster there lol.

5. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Will you people PLEASE STOP reposting these photos of Julie's new coop. Every time I see it, I drool on my keyboard. If you keep this up, I'm gonna have to buy a new laptop.

John

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  6. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    I took 4 Buff Orpingtons to the Great Poultry Fest of 2013. Only three advanced to the Happy Peck-and-Scratch Grounds in the Sky.

When I got home, I tossed the survivor over the chicken yard fence. All the other roosters apparently considered him to be an interloper and attacked en masse. I finally intervened with a few feigned kicks to move the attackers away. Being a bird-brained chicken, he went around me and back in the melee. He eventually escaped into the coop after about 15 minutes of this madness.

Today everything seems back to normal. Crazy critters.

On the way home I picked up a 4 month old Jersey Black Giant rooster from Craigs List to go with my 4 3-mo JBG pullets. I quarantined him for 47 miles. Put him in the coop so he would know where to roost. He ventured out and was immediately attacked by the mob (4 4-mo Buff Orpington roos). He beat a hasty retreat to the coop. He roosted with the youngsters. And seems fine today.

Guess I'm gonna have to thin the herd pretty soon. Maybe tomorrow. Too sick today, plus have honey-dew projects for today.

John

7. browncow15

browncow15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Indiana
    Got busy yesterday and this morning but I also wanted to say thanks to racinchickens for hosting yesterday!! My little girl and I had a great time and it was really nice to put some faces with names!

8. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    John, I hope you start feeling better.

9. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Rats! I intended to announce that my roosters were available to anyone who didn't have one and wanted to try their hand at it.

I could have had free labor and wouldn't have had to bring back the feathers, feet, and guts of the survivor. Nor throw him to the rooster mob.

Sorry. John

10. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Took some pictures of a couple silkies that I hatched from eggs. These were from Hoosier Silkies in Peru, IN. In my opinion, they are turning out to be quite pretty!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by