INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Bradselig - the silkies are adorable. This is my first year to have them. One of my girls started laying 3 weeks ago and has not missed a day. I wonder when that will let up... They aren't supposed to be great layers,
    right?

Old salt- I love that you quarantined your bird for 47 miles. Made me literally laugh out loud. I hope you feel better. Summer colds are the worst.

Glad you guys had fun yesterday! I'm
    Sorry I missed it! I was putting together a fall order from the hatchery on my break in the office today. That way i'd have new layers first thing in the spring, right? And I really want buff Brahma hens. I have a problem.

2. BackyardBitten

BackyardBitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012

Litterally ROFL at these posts John!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]You only had to make one comment yesterday at Chicken Fest for me to figure out who you were because of reading so many of your posts!! oh thanks for the laughs!!!!! (quarantined for 47 miles [​IMG]) love it!

3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I laughed out loud too! And yes summer colds are the worst. I have allergies and get colds and have uproars all the time,I probably wouldnt if I would take allergra like I am suppose to, but I dont see that happening lol.

4. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    I love having faces to go with names and the best part is that no one looks like an ax murderer! I feel like at some point we need to have a "this is me" post to get to know each other a little better.

^^^above quote I'm not sure who it came from. But from the way John dispatched a few chickens, he may be that person!
    About the gorilla suit? At least I didn't show up with my tinfoil hat like you.

5. Too Fast

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Yeah it was a great time. If you do it again next year, are you going to look at the schedule for the Brickyard 400 lol. And is that why your name is racinchickens?

Once again, thanks for hosting and I had a great time.

Steve

6. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Kab- that looks like a great silky coup!

Old salt- well I wondered why you seemed so quiet!! Sorry you've got a bug!!

Brad- adorable silkie babies!!!;). And when you do start getting legbars, put me on the list for a couple girls.

Racin- sounds like you need to list "here" what Roos you want to get rid of and what you are looking for.....maybe get some good trades!!

7. Too Fast

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    The trunk of our LeMans is very commodius. Even with the top down. It can swallow a couple bodies in the trunk, no problem. Just ask my kids when we go to the Tibbs Drive-In movie theater. ''Yep, just me to see Monsters Inc'' at the pay window. I'll take 25% of your commision.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  8. pbirdhaven

pbirdhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    North Vernon IN
    Try Tom Chandler--it's a Freedom address but I don't know anything else. I never seen mottleds from them at the shows, but they might know someone if they don't have them.

9. pbirdhaven

pbirdhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    North Vernon IN
    A great big thanks to Patrick and Wade for the fabulous get-together Sunday! [​IMG] I learned a lot, offed an extra rooster, saw an impressive house and coops, and most of all, got to meet some great people. And thanks to everyone else who helped us learners.
    I hated to have to leave early, but family duties called. When I arrived at my nephew's, they told me that my SIL had commented that I might not feel like eating after an afternoon of slaughter, but my nephew's DW told them, "That's Judy--she'll be fine." Guess I have a bloody reputation!
    John, I'm sorry that you weren't up to par. I'm impressed that you were still so active and helpful. About 6 weeks ago the summer cold hit me and all I wanted to do was lie around and feel sorry for myself. (Don't want to scare you, but the cough still comes around, especially in the evening.)

10. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Wow, it looks like everyone had fun at chickenfest this weekend. It was late notice for me ( <-- noob ) and we already had other plans this weekend. I was tempted to break them. [​IMG]

I got a nice surprise for my BD when I came home from work today. Got my first egg! Woohoo!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

It is light brown and of course smaller than usual. I was expecting a white egg from one of the white leghorns first but I don't think this one is. The one on the right is from the refrigerator for comparison and I added the k-cup. Still nice to finally get some production.

I have been thinking that I want an EE and saw some 3 months old pullets on Craigs List for $10. Is that a good deal?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by