INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. BackyardBitten

BackyardBitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    wwooo! was back logged on several pages!

imafive~~ welcome to our thread! You will like it here, we are a friendly bunch! i am really drooling over ur roo (HE IS GORGEOUS!) and all the rest of ur EE's [​IMG]

jchny~~ srry to hear about ur white pea!! I was so looking forward to her growing up and maybe seeing some pics! Glad to hear ur baby goat is doing great!

Vicki~~ hope u are recovered from ur roo attack. I will have to bring u some band-aids!

CRSelv.~~ hope ur baby gets to feeling better!!

2. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    are they penned in, or free range?
    Is this happening during the day, or at night being found in the morning? Or both?
    if they are penned, what type of fence/wire is around the pen, is it open at the top?
    Remains being left usually mean a dog, or raccoon. weasels will also leave the remains.
    Coyote/fox will take the bird.
    It sounds to me you are dealing with 2 different predators also.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/730582/lightbox/post/11450446/id/5808636
    Mother2Hens posted this info, may be of some help to you also.
    I am so sorry. [​IMG] most insurance co's consider rotties high risk. My Rommel never hurt a fly, but he sure scared people that would see him.

Ugh I am so sorry. Dealing with Red and his hormones too. I have pinned him, toed him...even held him upside down by the feet....He still sneak attacks every so often. He and my silkie Butters are both pushing their luck to the limit. Reds sons may have the opportunity to replace him yet! [​IMG]

3. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    awesome news!

4. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana

They are penned in and the top is covered. they are being killed at night and I find them in the morning. One of my relatives owns pigeons and he said he had a similar problem and it was a weasel.

5. PeacefulWalls

PeacefulWalls Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2013
    Goshen, Indiana
    I also have to keep an eye on my roo, Henry, when I'm out with the chickens. About once every week or two he'll decide to come after me. I'll turn and go at him with my wings (arms!) spread out to show him I'm bigger than he is (I'm sure it's rather hilarious to anybody watching me!). I'll also pin him to the ground and hold his head face down on the ground for a long time. Sometimes I'll hang him upside down for a bit and then hold him down on the ground again. Other times just carrying him around while I refill the feeders and take care of the other chicken chores is enough to show him I'm the provider and in charge of the flock & not him. Typically all of these methods will work for about a week or so and then his little pea-brain forgets and we have to do it all over again. If any of my little chicks I got from Brad turn out to be a roo, Henry will be heading to freezer camp!

6. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

You guys are all talking about roo issues, and here I am trying to add another one to my flock because I get too attached. I must be nuts. :th

1 person likes this.
  7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Ok. I will patiently await a pic lol.

8. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Seriously about to build an Ark. [​IMG] Good thing I have enough roos to almost do pairs with the chickens. [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

9. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    Thank you! I don't know if its a good sign, but when I went down to give her treated water in the dropper, she kindly went poo for me and it was solid!! I hope that's a move in the right direction. Man, I can't believe I'm actually writing this stuff. Its kind of like taking a baby home from the hospital though. They send you out the door without an instruction manual and hope for the best. I've read all I can get my hands on, but it just doesn't cover everything that you can actually experience.

10. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    [​IMG]. It sprinkled literally like 5 drops here. No ark for me! Which is good because I dont like rain.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by