INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

2. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    I'm sure that doctored photos are not limited to animal rights organizations. Many powerful lobbies distort photos and facts to further their causes. I agree that authenticity is difficult to determine in the digital age. However, given the number of traps legally used in over 40 states, it's not hard to imagine that accurate photos have been documented. Body gripping traps can partially crush an animal if it doesn't enter the trap exactly as intended (they can't read directions). If anyone feels the need to use a trap, the most humane method is to use a live trap and then shoot the animal. To sadistically torture and kill an animal because it acts like an animal is sickening.

I know you're not as heartless as you like to portray yourself since you rescued Weed Whacker Willie or Jimmy or whatever his name is. He seems to be thriving under Old Salt's care. : - )

On another note . . .
    Quote:

Keep up the good work.

John
    My friends and relatives know me to be a bit sarcastic tongue-in-cheek. On this thread, I try to be on my good behavior so I am not sent to BYC Infraction Camp. I've thought about using the emoticons since some of my deadpan comments have probably been perceived as serious. I would have to use the "wink" one the most. My kids were horrified when I showed them the corny BYC emoticons. "Oh, that's so 1990s AOL!" Now that's really outdated.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  3. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

[​IMG] hey the 90s were fun! AOL [​IMG] ugh "YOU'VE GOT MAIL"
    don't ever hesitate to have fun here. This is our thread, and as long as we follow BYC guidelines its open season on fun,laughs and being "us" [​IMG]

4. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    On still another note . . . Violet Update

The vet called today about the manifesto I wrote about Violet's condition (torn tendon in one leg, but other leg is stiff). She had discussed it with my regular vet and they recommended trying physical therapy in an epsom salts bath although they found it troubling that her "good" leg is stiff--an indication that she may have a systemic issue. They recommended getting another pullet so that Adeline can return to a normal life instead of hanging out with an injured chicken. I would still have Adeline visit and I would keep Violet with me as much as possible since chickens don't thrive when left alone. Luckily I work from home. I'm realizing that I will have to eventually--probably sooner than later-- have Violet put to sleep unless she makes a miraculous recovery. She is 4 months old now, so egg laying is coming up and it will present problems. I really hate that she has gone through all of this. She's very sweet and it's sad. I know she's "just a chicken," but I always have such a sense of responsibility for taking care of helpless creatures.

I need to find a pullet around 3 months old, preferably another lavender orp. Does anyone have any leads?

5. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    I am so sorry. Don't give up yet, she may surprise you.
    I have a lot! Not many lavenders, they are almost 7 months. but sexlink pullet, EE, and GLW. PM me I can send you pics of the girls in that age bracket.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  6. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Jchny- would love to see pics of the baby playing!! Nothing cuter than lambs and goat babies playing and jumping!!

M2H- I agree- don't give up yet!:)

7. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    nothing too important. Just a couple eggs from my chickens to check fertility. It was off for about 2 hrs, hopefully it didn't hurt them.

8. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    I agree too, don't give up yet. You have such a good heart and it seems that if anyone can give her the care she needs, its you. Its apparent in every post that you make and the care you take in helping others on this thread. I have the Buff Cochins that are 3 months old (I think) from Old Salt. If you can't find what you are looking for, you could have one of mine. They are really lovely.

9. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
  10. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    Thank you for the information. This actually just confirmed my predator because I just found a clue in my chicken pen this morning. I found a cat foot print inside the chicken pen. There's a stray cat cat hanging around my house she's nice but I found her walking away from chicken pen two nights ago. Ugh I've should've known.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by