INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana

Don't give up! I was going to give up on Lola when her condition got worse but then a few days later I took outside and she walked. Yes it was a short distance but she showed improvement. Violet may surprise you.

2. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    They must be fresh. Snail mail takes too long.

3. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Vicki, sorry you got attacked. That's one reason I don't think we will be getting our rooster back, I've really been lobbying the house to not get him back and I think I have enough votes.

Around my part of IN we've needed a bit of rain, and last night got about .7 inches to go along with the about .2 a day ago. Just the right amount to continue with this nice cool summer we've been having. Go global warming! We've only had 3 days over 90 here in Indy, last year it was like 38 over 90, with 5 over 100, and that nasty drought that killed so many pine trees.

John, I got that sample in the mailbox today, use better packaging please. The mailman was not happy or smelling too good.

I saw a ''hunting'' show about 15 years ago. The had a guarantee for a mountian lion trophy. First they tried to track one. When that failed, they used dogs to track it. When that failed, they let the dogs loose to tree the lion, and the brave hunter then shot the lion while getting close, in a helicopter. I don't have enough bad words for those "hunters''. Ted Nugent would probably think it's cool.

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Lol. And I just bought some 2x4s from lowes so I have something to get me started lol.

Tha must of sucked.My flipped of for a second but came back on.

5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    m2h- i'm really sorry to hear that. I hope she does recover so that you dont have to put her down. I think I might cry a little if you do. She been through a lot and hopefully she pulls through.[​IMG]

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Ok, I dont understand this. It poured last night, right after I sadi it had barley rained lol. My yard and 1 pasture floods really bad. NO puddles! I dont understand, but now it is really hot out. I really wish it was winter!

7. browncow15

browncow15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Indiana

Yea for no flooding right?!? I didn't get so lucky we were working some cattle this morning slopping through mud and puddles the whole time :( I'm sure the restaurant we went to for lunch was not pleased to see me walk in ;)

8. Crafty chick

Crafty chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2012
    Pierceton, Indiana
    oooooh ccccccchickens! i wouldnt be wishing for winter just yet. then we'll all be trying to fight wind chills and snow drifts!

9. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Bird poop facials; BYC'ers, save your chicken manure.

At a Manhattan luxury spa, that’s the secret ingredient that goes into facials. It is at the Shizuka New York skin care salon, where the traditional Japanese treatment using imported Asian nightingale excrement mixed with rice bran goes for $180 a pop.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...poop-facial-promises-to-transform-human-skin/

One more case of more money than sense.

John

10. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm a bit disappointed. I saw one of my white leghorns go into the nest box today and I checked it later to see if she laid an egg. No egg but I started wondering if she could lay the light brown eggs that I usually find in the box that she spent so much time in. I researched it and discovered that my white Leghorns are not Leghorns. It looks like they are probably White Rocks. They have red ear lobes. This would explain the brown eggs. So now I realize that I don't have anything that will lay white eggs. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by