Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    [​IMG] This one is either ready to lay or depending on what breed we think.. might be the mysterious 'light egg' owner

[​IMG] Best group picture of all three 'Leghorns'... What do we think?

[​IMG] This EE was the one I was finger pointing for the 'spare' egg

So I guess, depending on whether I have Leghorns or Rocks, obviously if they are leghorns the egg was one of the EE's, if not I have my fingers crossed this one will be a blue layer too.
  2. vickichicki

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I saw those chicks and by golly... super cute with a cherry on top
  3. vickichicki

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Great colouring on BB :D
  4. irtehun

irtehun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2013
    Albion IN
    Pic of my cuckoo maran rooster Charlie.

5. toodlesmom

toodlesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
    Gasp! Must have read through 35 pages, but I have finally caught up! This is one chatty list! But that is a good thing - lots of excellent info being put forth, joys and sorrows shared, and really funny exchanges. My DH looks puzzled when he asks what I am reading that is making me laugh out loud, and I tell him it's a chicken list.

I have been lurking on this list - no chickens until next spring. Boy, am I jealous of all you chicken farmers! The beautiful pictures of your fowl friends make me green with envy. I thought I had figured out which breeds I wanted for our flock, but your stories and photos make me want to change my list again and again! I am planning my visit to the State Fair around the time of the chicken judging, so maybe some of you will pass by me. (If you do go to the fair and happen to stop by the Lactation Station, my daughter, Maire, is one of the assisting nurses. ;-) She is also dancing at the fair with the Irish Dance troupe.)

We have had our own woes with raccoons. When we barricaded them out of their home in our attic, they dug a hole through the top of our roof. Ran fell for days into an unused bedroom and wasn't discovered until it came through the ceiling into our dining room. What a horrible, expensive mess! We live right in the city, but raccoons and possums are here in large numbers. The raccoons get into huge screaming fights in our backyard. We will have to make sure our coop and run are extra secure. We have a cedar shed that I believe can be converted into a nice chicken home.

Back to my lurking!
  6. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    DH and I got 12 of our pan fry roosters turned into freezer roosters today. I need to get a knife sharpener thing before next week and I really hope my cone gets here too. I think the PO misdirected it.
    John ~ you will be glad to know that DH did the plucking while I did the removal of guts. By the end we had a nice assembly line going. Hopefully it won't take as long to fall into a nice pattern next time. It looks like it will be next Saturday before we process any more.
  7. vickichicki

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Congrats :D

Sure it felt good knowing you can do it and having the confidence to do so.
  8. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Yup, you got duped like me. Those are White Rocks. That's your culprit.
    Those are beautiful birds. I would say yes right now but I have all I can keep now. Maybe tomorrow I will have room. I have two Red Sex-links that might be stew tomorrow. They are bullies.
  9. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    What beautiful weather we have been having! Here are a few of the girls out looking for goodies.[​IMG]
  10. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Beautiful birds!
    yup, I agree. Look like Plymouth rocks. Both my rocks started laying this past week. Man are they small pullet eggs lol.
    Great picture! I have Birchen Marans.
    i know I've been spending the day out with the chickens as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by