INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Ooooo! Is the the deep blue with the red on the chest?

I have a silver duckwing hen, that's a gorgeous color, congrats! My favorite is my Red Pyle hen, she is an absolute sweetheart.

2. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana

I have two brown breasted red OEGB (AKA bb reds) hens. I love them! I have one that goes broody every know and then. She went broody last month and then stopped and just went broody again last week and today she stopped.

3. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    They are blue and have brownish tones on the wings, but not sure if we are talking about the same lol. Here is a link to a few pictures.
    http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/NDG/Quail/BlueScale/BRKBlueScale.html

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Maybe calcium deposits?

5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I like having broodies, sometimes they get little tempers and you cant help but laugh. I have a hen that will growl at me when I go broody and I just laugh at herr and say awwwwww whoes a mean goose? Goose is her name, but she is a chicken. I have heard they make great little moms and love to free range.

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Thanks! They didnt say if they were very social or not, but I would imagine they are too skitish because they were right up by them when they took the pic.

7. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

That's what I think too, although it looks a bit like a honey comb pattern up close. (bad pic) Or almost like seeds. It's weird. The egg was cracked so not good to keep. She moved ll of the nesting material and layed it on the floor.

8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Do you give them oyster shells? If you do I would stop for a while. I have never had this problem, so not exactly sure what it looks like, but thats the first thing that comes to mind. One of my RC brown leghorns lays her eggs on the floor even though there are nesting boxes for her to use. I am going to put easter eggs in the nesting boxes to show her where to lay.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  9. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Lol It was in the box. She just scooted out all of the material. If it is my Australorp, she is about 10 lbs. Cluck told me she lays 3 inch eggs. This is her first since she has been here. So far all of our eggs have been in the nesting boxes, except for the soft egg layed from the roost. I do have oyster shell out for them. They free range, so maybe I don't need it. Thanks for your response. I haven't read much of the back posts, but I hope you find your oeg's ( that was you wasn't it?) lol I need to go back and read. This thread is so fast!!!

10. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by