INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Forgot to mention that I ordered some peepers on Ebay.  10 with the pliers for about $14.  Seems like a good deal compared to others I saw online.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321182213224&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

Yesterday I spent the whole day making a poop box and filling in the run with pea gravel.  I literally lifted more than a ton.  Twelve 50lb. bags(wet) of pea gravel onto the cart, again into the car, again out of the car into a wheelbarrow.  Eight went straight to the coop from there.  Four went to the back porch while I completed the poop box.  Then 3 went into it.  That is a lot of lifting for this old man.

Why, what are chicken blinders for?

Why, what are chicken blinders for?
I recently added two EE's to my flock of six. The EE's are outcasts and cannot touch the ground without being mauled. It has been over a week and they have learned that they are safer if they stay together on the top perch. After some searching and a bit of discussion here, it looks like it may cure the bullies. It is supposed to prevent pecking. I thought I would share the link if anyone else was considering it.

Ok, so I am being hen-pecked by my 11 y. o. daughter.

Does anybody know if there are frizzles for sale any where near Indpls?
you could probably contact liitleameraucanamom. I got some BBS bantam ameraucana eggs. And I hatched out 2 frizzles. They are bantam cochinXbantam ameraucana. I posted a pic a while back of one of them.

Wow, am I behind on reading posts! Have had family in all week and trying to get birds ready for the state fair. I think that they're checking in today but hope that they're still taking them Monday AM--catalog said all cooped by noon Monday.

Yeah, M2H--way to go, girl!
celebrate.gif

I recently added two EE's to my flock of six. The EE's are outcasts and cannot touch the ground without being mauled. It has been over a week and they have learned that they are safer if they stay together on the top perch. After some searching and a bit of discussion here, it looks like it may cure the bullies. It is supposed to prevent pecking. I thought I would share the link if anyone else was considering it.
Thanks, I have never heard of that. It is easy to miss conversations on this thread as it moves so blasted fast.
big_smile.png

We are at 35 chickens and firmly holding. Our oldest girls have beautiful red faces but no eggs yet :-/ Playing the waiting game is NOT something I'm good at!

You could use a distraction. try starting an egg carton collection. I'm amazed at how many people do not return their cartons or return only part of them. it is not uncommon for me to get 1 carton back out of 5. And wow the looks I get if I ask people to bring their own cartons.
With 35 chickens you should be getting lots of eggs.

For another project you can make a recipe collection and sort it not only by topic but by the number of eggs needed.
Or you could design some really catchy fresh egg sings for your property. ~ I still need a design. I found the board I want to use for the sign but I want something more than block lettering.

You could use a distraction. try starting an egg carton collection. I'm amazed at how many people do not return their cartons or return only part of them. it is not uncommon for me to get 1 carton back out of 5. And wow the looks I get if I ask people to bring their own cartons.
With 35 chickens you should be getting lots of eggs.

For another project you can make a recipe collection and sort it not only by topic but by the number of eggs needed.
Or you could design some really catchy fresh egg sings for your property. ~ I still need a design. I found the board I want to use for the sign but I want something more than block lettering.
Do you have cricut? You can get different cartridges with designer letter and little designs. Then you could put a plastic a cover over it or something. I have a cricut because I scrapbook. I will go to a friends house and we scrap together. We will scrapbook for 24 hours strait. Then the next day you look at the last few pages and are like man we really should of stopped a few hours sooner lol.

Back
Top Bottom