INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

PS: I'm going to TRY to keep up with this thread like I USED to...
tongue.png

pginsber - What a great fish story and what a great way to acquire some Koi for your pond free of charge! Love your dogs, especially the cute little smiling chihuahua in the bandana!

I visited with an Amish family today and the man told me to sprinkle a tiny bit of cayanne pepper flakes on my chickens feed to aid then in laying. Has anyone ever heard of this ? I love stopping at Amish farms! What a way to live! If only.....
hmmm. I was advised to use cayenne on chicken feed but it was to prevent intestinal parasites. Eggs huh? Are you going to try it? I haven't yet ....

So I picked up my blue scale quail eggs today and man such a disappointment! I will say the box wasn't in the best shape, mainly just one corner smash. 9 of the 13 shipped eggs were just crushed. The remaining 4 covered in egg goo. The seller did, IMO, a bad job shipping. 7x7x7 box with a Ayer of shredded paper, then a quail egg flat with the eggs just sitting on it (nothing securing them down), pillow stuffing material on top, then crumpled newspaper. Those eggs were just flying around in the box. Waiting to see what the seller says. If I knew that was "the best packing to their ability" (their wording on auction), I'm not sure what I would call individually bubble wrapping 56 quail eggs to ship to jchny2000.

Reply from seller.....darn USPS. Takes no responsibility for damages.
Too bad! If this was an Ebay auction, I would offer them the opportunity to make good, new eggs properly packed or a refund, then complain to Ebay and leave bad feedback if they won't.

hmmm. I was advised to use cayenne on chicken feed but it was to prevent intestinal parasites. Eggs huh? Are you going to try it? I haven't yet ....

I'm going to start it in the morning. This Amish man actually said to keep ACV in their water and sprinkle feed with cayenne. My oldest are around 20 weeks, give or take a week, and are dual purpose breeds so I shouldn't have to long of a wait anyway.

I finally went out last night and took some current pictures of some of the girls. They all range from 16-20 weeks, and are just getting their combs and tail feathers. I asked for some nice poses, but all I got was a bunch of SPOILED girls demanding garden scraps!

"Nevermind HER--take MY picture!"

"Does THIS make my beak look big?"

"Whaddya bring me?"

(MsJackson from her 'Nasty Boys' days)

FINALLY-- a NICE picture. This is Aretha, our 20-week old Cream Legbar. She's laid 13 goregous blue eggs eggs so far.
WOW LOVE the close ups. !!!! LOL !!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom