INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    M2H - I am so very sorry about Violet. You did the very best you could. The others will mourn her. When I lost my chicken a few weeks ago there was a visible change in my flock. The other older chickens that were her flock mates were definitely affected, but they are all doing much better now.

2. PeacefulWalls

PeacefulWalls Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2013
    Goshen, Indiana
    We know about chicken math, or just various poultry in general math, but this morning I had an episode of calendar math! Our kids started school last Friday already (ick!) and I just got around to writing down activities for the year on my calendar. We went from 2 kids in middle school (both in orchestra) to 1 in middle school (orchestra) and a freshman in high school (orchestra & choir). Between church youth group (now both the jr youth group & sr youth group, 4-H (2 clubs) and orchestra & choir activities, our calendar is bulging through next June! And I haven't even seen the regular activities calendar for the high school yet or put in any of our family activites. Thank goodness neither of the kids are in a sport or band -- in the Goshen schools those both devour every spare second of your time!

3. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

M2H I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a feeling they were smarter than we think. When I had to rehome BB our cochin roo, Our cochin hen (his mate) Lavender never acted the same. 3 Months later we got him back, and even though they don't interact much yet, she has been free ranging more with the others and seems more relaxed. I see the dynamic they have with each other. I hope your new little girls form bonds with each other, so that the loss of Violet will be easier on them.
    . It's always hard losing a pet. Plus certain ones really get to you. I still can't comprehend killing my chickens for food. My brain just doesn't go that way. They all have there own personalities, and they know their people, and other animals on the farm. They are smarter than we give them credit for. You did everything you could do for her. She isn't struggling anymore. [​IMG]

4. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    [​IMG] So sorry to hear of your loss M2H. I know you tried so hard to save her. Big hugs. <3

5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    M2H- I am so sorry [​IMG]. I really hoped and thought she would recover just fine. I hope adeliene (probably spelled that wrong) bonds with your new chicken. I am finally getting to the point where I dont cry forever when I loose a chickens, but it still breaks my heart. I shed a few tears when I read this.

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Bradselig- I am loving this weather too. My allergies get better with the colder weather. My problem is spring and summer. Everyone thinks I am weird when i say this but if I look straight at the sun it makes me sneeze! I think this is why my allergy doctor says that I should wear sunglasses. I hate sunglasses and dont every wear any! I dont listen to half the things he tells me anyways lol. I get 2 allergy shots every 3 weeks I have since I was 5.

7. EmSteele

EmSteele Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    To keep allergy symptoms to a minimum, eat local honey! Local as in harvested from the town/city you live in.

8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    My dog had her puppies last night! I guessed she would have 6 man was i wrong she had 10!!! Thats a lot of puppies. I will post pics as soon as I can.,

9. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I have some meds I am suppose to take but I dont. My alllergies are reallly not bad since I get shots.

10. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    M2H- I'm so sorry. I know its hard to lose a chicken. Especially the ones you raised from a chick. You did the best for her that anyone could have ever done. Hugs <3

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by