INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Woohoo! Got my first crested cream legbar egg today!

2. Webechickens

Webechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    Good for you! Nice.

3. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    Fair enough. Seeing as the mule died And all. By the way John, EO is short for English Orpington. Which basically means that the lines are more recently imported even though all Orps are technically English.

4. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Kiniska~ I'm actually the mule here since I'm outside everyday digging up my yard for my chickens' entertainment.
    John, Please note that I have TWO Imported English Orpingtons, which are extra special and fancy-- kinda like vickichicki. Like her, my orps enjoy tea and crumpets. Kiniska's orp chick-to-be will be able to relate to mine much more than your déclassé American birds
    . [​IMG]

5. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    FYI,
    My birds prefer Earl Grey M2H. Since John is forfeiting his spoils you can come pick out a girl in the spring. Hopefully my girls will have procreated enough by then to give us a good selection.

6. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Congrinulations, you dog. I'm so jealous. I only have 5 cackleberries in plain brown wrappers. How old is the pullet hen?

Put it in the incubator immediately (the cackleberry, not the hen).

John

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  7. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    She is just under 6 months. She hatched in march. Unfortunately I don't have a ccl roo old enough yet. My original got picked off by some sort of predator. So waiting for my backup to become of age. It would produce an olive egger if it is fertile though.

8. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Thunder- those are actually bright blue eggs, don't know why they showed up green!! I do have an older girl who does green too.

Pbirdhaven-enlighten me..... What were you supposed to do to your polish? Stubs?

Brad- congrats!!! You know we are waiting for you give a place to buy some legbars!!

9. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Nice, blue is even better! I keep hoping one lays blue and one lays green but I'm not counting on it.

And congrats Brad.

10. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    So all this bumblefoot stuff is getting to
    Me. I was watching my flock free range and I noticed bright red on the bottom of my brahma pullets foot. Injury! Could get infected! Lol so at dusk after they are all perched in the coop I climb in with a flashlight and triple antibiotic in my belt ready to fire. I grabbed her and all of the chickens went nuts! It was berry juice. Haha they were in the berry bushes today. I'm such a dork.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by