INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    I hate when things happen like that, every day seems to be a challenge. I usually find the stinker the next morning, wishing you best of luck.

2. MrTattoohead

MrTattoohead Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    Is there any kind hearted soul in the bloomington area that has or knows where I can get food grade DE? We have a sickly bird that isn't responding to TLC well. We are starting down a list of treatments as we don't know the ailment. We're first time chicken folk.

She's lethargic (better now with twice daily solitary feedings of warm mash/yogurt), wants to sit a lot, wobbly on her legs (spreads her wings to catch herself) and her tail is down most of the time. 17ish weeks old and hasn't started laying. Solid poop with a white cap but somewhat dark green (we let them free range some each day as well).

We've ordered some from online but it won't be here for 6 days :(

We just want her to be well. Heart drops everytime she loses her balance and plops on her butt. :(

3. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    I can't believe I'm actually trying to help with a tech type question. I am no expert at this stuff by any means. When I click the 'more' button on the right side of the reply, area, thats when I get the A with the under line and my color is back. It pops up with the color choices then. Maybe it doesn't work with your device? I use Windows Vista on my home PC.

4. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    tractor supply carries smaller containers. I'm sorry I hope she recovers :(

5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    most if the ones i want to get blood tested are not laying yet. You have to get them blood tested to shoe, im actually not sure what they test for but do not it is required. Not very many are certified to blood test. I will just contact the person i already knew.
    thank you an suprisingly out of the years i have raised chickens this is the oddest egg i have seen. I have mever got a soft shelled one ir anything

6. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    Thank you. I haven't seen her yet, but I'm still hoping she will show up today. Had a long talk with my little ones today.
    I had two that got wobbly and everyone told me to make sure to put some apple cider vinegar in the water too (with mother). Still not sure what Mother is, but I know its in Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar. Now I use it all the time. Good luck with your chicken.

7. CRSelvey

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    PS, you can find Bragg products in the Natural Foods section of most grocery stores.

8. CRSelvey

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
  9. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
  10. CRSelvey

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    Thank you! I just got her back into the yard. Its such a relief. I will check out the Hartz brand too. I'd like to get it in bigger bottles.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by