INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    I knew that skimming would catch up to me sometime. I'm not blaming Brad at all. I actually thought the stores put them on clearance at different times, perhaps at the store manager's discretion.

2. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Crafty- I was going to PM you earlier to see if you'd gotten your chicks!! Sooo cute!!

3. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    you are correct, they do on clearance at different times. just depends on when that store is scheduled for the rest or if they simply are no longer going to carry that item. so its getting to were one store will carry an item that may sell for them, but a store 10 mins away might be clearancing the item out due to poor sales. typically all pricing and inventory are controlled by "Big Brother" (corporate office). Heck even the heating and cooling is controlled by corporate office in North Carolina. I wish more customers would complain to corporate about how hot it is in the store. Here lately instead of turning the AC colder, they have been turning off half the lights to keep store cooler. Im getting tired of people asking if we forgot to pay the electric bill!

1 person likes this.
  4. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    icukeisha~ Welcome to the Indiana Thread! You do have a handsome rooster. Hope you can find a good home for him.

HappyHappyHappy~ Welcome to the Indiana Thread!
    Hope you find a quality BR rooster. Maybe icukeisha's rooster would make an interesting combination.

Hogster~ I love your new baby chicks and their sweet mother. What is the breed of the mom and the babies?
    Thanks for your info on Marek's.

pginsber~
    Chicken, parakeet, dog, or cat~ when it's a pet, the breed doesn't matter. That guy at the ISPA who laughed needs reported and educated. That's just rude.

Good luck with your vet appointment tomorrow. I'm glad you are taking Jlo in. I was glad I took my pullet Violet to the vet because I wanted advice from a professional. Just like any human, they don't always have the answer.

This next paragraph is not directed at you-- it's just my thoughts about the quandary of vet care.
    It is shocking that vet appointments are so expensive when many of us are lucky to have family health insurance co-pays, which make vet bills seem astronomical. Veterinarians have to know diverse information on many species compared to a human doctor. I've heard that animal insurance plans in general aren't worth it, but I wish there would be some alternative because most people can't afford to take pets in very often. In turn, vets often aren't able to help animals as they would like to. I don't know what the answer is.

2 people like this.
  5. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Originally Posted by SallyinIndiana
    I knew that skimming would catch up to me sometime. I'm not blaming Brad at all. I actually thought the stores put them on clearance at different times, perhaps at the store manager's discretion.
    Originally Posted by bradselig
    you are correct, they do on clearance at different times. just depends on when that store is scheduled for the rest or if they simply are no longer going to carry that item. so its getting to were one store will carry an item that may sell for them, but a store 10 mins away might be clearancing the item out due to poor sales. typically all pricing and inventory are controlled by "Big Brother" (corporate office). Heck even the heating and cooling is controlled by corporate office in North Carolina.

BRAD-- That's good to know The Inside Story. I figured that Big Brother would institute the same clearance sales throughout all stores, but that makes sense for stores to have some individual control over clearance depending on inventory, etc.
    SALLY-- You will need to research towns where Lowe's are located and find out which towns have a low percentage of dogs. Those stores will have a surplus of dog houses and they'll be on clearance. You can then drive to the town, like Grand Forks, North Dakota, for example-- and you can some great deals on dog houses. Or you can go to Lowe's online and order a coop for chickens since that's actually what you have. They have coops that look similar to the one HOUSEKAT posted a video of some guy in England building (probably VICKICHICKI's Dad).

I'm using my iPad,so I can't use Bold or Colors or Emoticons. : - (

6. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

7. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Secure coops is all you can do. I have several great horned owl here. I have seen them often so they aren't very shy either. Lights do seem to help, I have 2 on the main coop, and 2 on the grow out pen. I go out a few times a night and make noise when i do since I don't sleep much. I hear them before dark, pretty bold!

Mine are slacking too, seems everyone's is! Has to be the weird temp changes. Even my daily girls are slow.

8. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

9. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Welcome to the thread! You can post most anything here, we aren't picky [​IMG] I am searching for BRs too, so I will gladly share when I find them! [​IMG] hoping we find some for your son soon!

10. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    I was watching one of John's favorite survival shows, where the guy and his family are building a castle. One of the things they were talking about was eating the placenta. Said some people do that, you should've seen the horrified look on the girls there. I was thinking there are a lot easier things to eat also. I don't care how protien rich it is.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by