INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

2. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Wow that's what I'm thinking of for our backyard. Would really love to have something like this for next summer. Something to spend the tax check on!

and really, people. 65+ posts from this morning?????? I try, but I find I skim some posts and miss things sometimes.

3. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    That looks like your castle in the woods for when you *bug out*, John.

You can't fool us. I will bring the tinfoil!

4. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

5. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    hey im going to warren as well! But only going home.

6. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    Listen I am going to the Indy Irish Fest tomorrow. While I am gone, please do not go over 200 posts. If you get that far, just call a time out until Sunday ok? I don't want to miss anything while I'm enjoying the good music. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    I kill chipmunk also, just got one the other day !!! [​IMG]

8. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

The silkies are still laying, and I think it could be a clutch. I brought the eggs in tonight because it is supposed to get down to 37 degrees. They aren't sitting, so I figured it would be okay. I plan on putting them back in the box in the morning.

So Bradselig if you see this, I have 7 bearded silkie eggs now lol.

I hope I am not messing up anything by bringing the eggs into the house.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  9. hogster160

hogster160 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    Actually his neighbors get a better view from their house vs watching their tv, and they have friends come over too. So far all of his neighbors think its cool and have not complained. He can set it up to use head phones with it as well. It does put some light out too, but so far for him, no problems with it. He takes it down when hes done and sets it back up when he wants to.

10. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    others have explained the heritage vs hatchery pretty well. I never understood the difference until I saw them first hand at a byc'ers house and his langshans. If I hadn't known better i would have thought his breeders were emus! They were huge compared to the hatchery ones I've seen before. They are definitely on my "Breeds to Own" list. Here is another example of heritage vs hatchery.
    Heritage
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Exibition-H...994?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25829b8072
    Hatchery
    http://meyerhatchery.com/productinf...ickens&grd_prodone_filter=PRODUCT_ID = 'BARS'

Welcome! In my signature, you'll find a link to our members page which includes our members list. If you'd like to be added to the members list, send me a PM that included:
    Username
    County
    City
    Species (chicken, duck, goat, etc)
    Breed
    Variety/color
    Large fowl or bantam
    If you breed them

Obviously just give the info you are comfortable giving.

it honeslty all depends on your current roo.

im far from an expert! I have good hatches with most local eggs and some shipped (my only 100% hatch was from shipped eggs) and I've also experience HORRIBLE hatch rates. Even with the horrible hatches, I'm still addicted to it and find it more enjoyable than just buying chicks (which I still enjoy that ok lol).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by