INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks so much to all of you for your advice. You guys are really great people!! I think I should be okay. 99.5 degrees and I'm guess-timating that my humidity needs to be with-in a 35 to 50 range. If that's wrong tell me. I've been reading the neat articles on here for incubation. I think it probably isn't as complicated as my brain is trying to make it. [​IMG]

2. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    They go into lockdown Wednesday! Good luck on your hatch!

Thanks! Pretty soon you'll be able to share your hatching successes as well!

thanks! Good luck to you! If you need a roo from a different line to breed let me know.

3. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Welcome! Take a look at the link in my signature including the members page. You can find others near you or with the breed of chicken that interests you. If you'd like to be added send me a pm with your info and ill get you on there.
    Vickichicki has a small flock of bantam Cochins going and I'm incubating some lavender cuckoos right now. I've been to Wolfs giant animal swap in northern Indiana by ligonier and really enjoy it.

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    thank you and good luck to you too!

5. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    thanks! Good luck to you! If you need a roo from a different line to breed let me know.
    Thanks, maybe we can trade. I'm not sure if I'll be breeding them for fun or SOP yet. I'm still working on learning the SOP for the HRIR. It may take me some time to learn the rules for a 2nd breed. But these first ones i hatch will be from a good seller with no chance of me having breed them wrong.

6. strssdmom

strssdmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2013
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    [​IMG] QUESTION [​IMG]

Why is it that I have had many weeks of 15 - 17 eggs a day, then all of a sudden I had 10, the next day I only had 5, and the next day (today) I only got 4? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for any insight you can give. [​IMG]

7. pbirdhaven

pbirdhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    North Vernon IN
    [​IMG] You can find a list of swaps and shows at poultryshowcentral.com. Usually can find better birds in the sale areas at shows, though I've bought some good ones at swaps also. There is a show in Bloomington this Saturday.

It's that time of year--days are getting shorter, birds are molting, and the heat earlier this week didn't help. If you have electricity in your coop, a lamp on a timer gives them more hours of light.

8. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Woohoo!! Congrats! [​IMG]

Welcome to the thread. I see chicken math in your future. [​IMG]

9. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    haha sounds like an accurate prediction to me! lol

10. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    I have a question...
    When I went to lock up the chickens and ducks today, I noticed that my dominant rooster wasn't on the highest part of the roost like always. My bantam rooster and my lavender ameraucana was at the top. I have noticed my bantam rooster always chasing and having a crowing contest with my blue Wheaton ameraucana. So did my bantam rooster rise up to the top and my blue Wheaton ameraucana is challenging him?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by