INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    i saw your post on CL. Almost thought about getting one but decided no to

2. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    Autocorrect has its ups and downs, but mostly downs for me. I was thinking about posting him on that thread a while ago, and now I'm glad I didn't. Thanks for the heads up :)

3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    dont get me wrong they can be helpful and some nice people, but some very rude people too. I still get on the thread as they dont discoirage me but may others. I try no recommending it anymore

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    i would love to see a pic of him though!

5. DarthLayer

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    Ok! I will definitely post a pic of him tomorrow and the chicks I hatched. Even though the chicks are hatchery stock, I was curious on how many good characteristics they carried, but chicken math mostly persuaded me on buying them :D

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    what variety chicks did you get? I have bbs ameraucana. I know more about them then the oth varities but still know a little.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  7. DarthLayer

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    I have BBS too along with the bw roo and lavenders. I wanted to breed BBS, but so far my only hen has scissor beak and another chick I hatched has it bad, but they both manage well. I want to get bw and wheatens ( yes it didn't autocorrect!). I have to say, they are becoming one of my favorite breeds!

8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    they have been my favorite breed since i first got chickens my first pullet was an ameraucana. I am going to start breeding bbs in the spring would of been sooner but i had some bad hatches

9. CountryHen19

CountryHen19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2013
    Woodburn, IN
    Too bad! It would have been nice to meet you. I still have one- the one that is sometimes crowing- if you change your mind :)

10. DarthLayer

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    I'm sorry about your hatches. If you sell any chicks, I might be interested in buying some. I definitely want to get good linage, but I don't see myself breeding for awhile because I need to get everything set up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by