INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    i will let you know if i do, small world never would of guessed it was someone from here! They look gorgeous in the pictures

2. HouseKat

HouseKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2013
    Southern Indiana
  3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    i will let you know when i have chicks and eggs avilable. if all goes well should be late spring summer. I got from breeders that had good lines smith, segler, shaffer, and blehm. hopefully i spelled those all right lol. so a good mix of lines, hopefully they mature good. Should be SQ stock, we will see when they are full grown

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
  5. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Aw, shucks! :D I do my best.
    Hey, welcome back! :highfive: Do you still have your SFH Penny, the one that looked like my Ancona, Rangi? Here's Rangi now: [​IMG]
    I haven't read this one yet, but I've read other articles on the same topic. This just seems like a very bad idea to me, with biosecurity to consider and all... :/

6. BackyardBitten

BackyardBitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    i am behind on posts once again but wanted to share a laugh.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    that is someones avatar on byc! saw it the other day

8. CountryHen19

CountryHen19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2013
    Woodburn, IN
    Thanks, Pipd :) Rangi is so big-- yes Penny is still around. She is an obscure one lol We call her Penguin or Penny (grrr, I am still ticked my DH's names haven't gone out the window, oh well)

[​IMG]

This is the best one I could get the other day. She is usually head in the dirt, digging for tasty treats or preening her feathers :)

9. gunchief25

gunchief25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Solsberry, Indiana
    :lau help me up off the floor :lau

10. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    goodb~ Welcome to the Indiana Thread!
    You mentioned two flocks-- what breeds do you have?
    lilmizscareall~ Welcome to the Indiana Thread!
    Another member, toodlesmom, lives in Irvington. She was planning a spring flock, but I believe it's now a fall flock! [​IMG]
    I finally got a couple of good photos out of the ones I took outside today. What a beautiful day! I will start with my hens . . . I am indulging myself by posting my flocks (you might want to skim through my posts as usual!)
    [​IMG]
    The head of the flock, Black Jersey Giant "Jersey" My fav. She is laid back, quirky, and graceful. Jersey is the only one who knows her name (she thanked me sarcastically for its originality).

[​IMG]
    Number 2 in the pecking order, the Infamous "Nene," a Rhode Island Red (with an "undesirable" floppy comb). Nene is loud, bossy, and nosey, but is FULL of personality.
    [​IMG]
    Number 3 is my Barred Rock "Tweedy" (center) who I missed getting an individual shot of today. She reminds me of the smart, quiet, good student type.
    [​IMG]
    Number 4 is my Silver Laced Wyandotte "Lacey" who came from the same place as Tweedy, so they are buddies. She is a little dingy, but is sweet and sounds like a trumpet. She would like to meet kabhyper's SLW roo Gus.
    [​IMG]
    Number 5 is my EE "Road Runner" who has always been skittish and at the bottom, but she's come a long way in a year and really works at being assertive. She's happy to be above Flock Two-- The Orp Pullets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by