INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    this person wanted to rent a goat to eat 2 acres of grass. I was like if you are thinking you can bring that goat in and all yourbgrass will be gone in a day you are wrong! I myself would jusy buy a few goats and keep them as pets. Theu do make great pets with thror lovable personalities and all. They make me laugh. I remember this story my dad always tole me about his favorite got brownie he had as a kid it is sad. His goat ate jemsine weed and anything in sight. When he got older one day he decide to mess with a bees nest to get some honey and the bees attacked him ( he did die from it) just some of things goats will do are crazy. this is the same goat the got out at the 4 h fair with some other goats and was the ring leader. my dad has tons of storiea about him and i love listening to them.

2. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    So look who the cat dragged in.

Although judging my the dates of the posts I read through I have only been gone for 4 days.. total posts on the other hand feels like I have been gone for a month.

Been super busy at the stand, working sun up to dusk most days, but not unusual for me to be making dinner at 9pm... Ugh.. Feel really frazzled. :hit If only my bank account reflected the efforts I had put forth here lately. Would have more spare funds for more chickens :p

3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    john and kabhyper1-BTW forgot to say so glad some more people on here started hatching. It is a lot of fun. And if you think chicken math is bad now it gets 10x worse when you start hatching. I am sure Brad and Janet would agree with me on this one lol!

4. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I will give a quick run down and hopefully I can dig through the posts and answer stuff later this afternoon (I claimed a day off today for housework and Vicki time).

I am loving all the pictures. With some being on my fav list.. Rangi naturally... although Bonbon is ranking higher every time I see her :love

I am saddened to hear about the recent outbreaks with certain birds. I am hoping they will be isolated occurrences and every ones flock will be shining come spring. After all I will need to replenish my flock soon and I am done buying them from hatcheries and would prefer to stick to people breeding locally.

I too have been suffering a major lack of eggs, on the positive side the new layers are filling in where needed. With my 9 big girls I am getting 4 eggs a day, normally one of those is broken. Also having an issue with them no longer laying in their boxes, might throw that out there for suggestions later.

May have some question later on Olive eggers.. one of my EE's is currently laying an 'army green/ dirty green' style egg, like to know thoughts on that.

Still roo less for my darling bantam cochins. Found a guy in Pittsboro with a blue rooster, but with working too much having trouble committing to getting there. Frustrating.

Anyhoo, that is all I have for the moment. Heading out to work (even though it is my day off) to go clean some stuff up. I WILL be back on later to plague you all with my postings :lau

5. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    M2H - beautiful flock!

Janet- sorry to hear about the piglets!

6. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    What?! I missed something. What happened to whose piglets?

7. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Kiniska-

8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana

9. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Ha, i was too late! lol

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  10. pginsber

pginsber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    M2H: OMGosh--how cute! Bonbon looks sweet. Is she the only bantam in your flock?
    We have a black orp bantam (Peanut) and I think she's the boss of the flock of 7. She's half the size of the Barred Rock and Cuckoo Marans, but chases them away from the treats.

Question on Broodiness:
    In a flock of 7 pullets, one CL is very broody. Will she eventually stop on her own? How long does Broodiness last?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by