INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    they were all sold out by the time I clicked the link. Meyer is sold out of many of their chicks too for at least their next shipping. They are shipping in Middle of Oct for just about everything I asked about. I was going to add to my order but I don't want to delay the chicks I have coming.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I wonder if it was sold out when i posted it. It was on their homepage. I think it was last spring I was going to order some chicks from meyers and I was getting a large assortment. This was in like march and they wouldnt ship until very end of august. I did not get chicks from them. I wasnt going to wait 5 months, so I have never got chicks from them. Thats when I started ordering from well known breeders instead. I probably wont order from a hatchery again since the only thing I would get would be a few more easter eggers and I will just wait until spring and then I dont have to pay for shipping.

3. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    No need to stay away from Poultry Events . . .
    Just practice simple biosecurity. Infectious organisms found on your hands, clothes, and shoes can be spread wherever you go.
    Before and after visiting an event: Use hot, soapy water to shower, clean your clothes and shoes. Frequent hand washing is important.
    Besides hot, soapy water, bacteria-killing agents include 5% white vinegar or bleach or commercial products like Lysol. Do not mix products.

Southern Indiana Poultry Show
    Saturday, September 21, 2013
    9:00 am until 6:00 pm
    Monroe County Fairgrounds - Bloomington, Indiana

Judges are Jeff Halbach and Tim Bowles
    Show Secretary: Rick Bond
    Show Supers: John and Anne Foley
    www.mcpoultry.org
    Contact Rick at 1-812-340-4979

[​IMG]
    Tour de Coops
    Sunday, September 22, 2013
    1:00 pm until 5:00 pm
    Indianapolis, Indiana

The Tour de Coops begins at Agrarian, located at 661 E. 49th Street, Indianapolis, 46205. The tour continues throughout the Broad Ripple, Meridian-Kessler, Butler-Tarkington, and Rocky Ripple neighborhoods. There will be 12 “show coops” on display and a couple of Project Poultry schools with coops. This is an “open-house” style event and can be explored at your leisure.

Tour de Coops is bicycle-friendly and encouraged! Pedal & Park will be providing bicycle racks for your safety. Of course, cars are also welcome on the tour.

Pre-Sale Tickets are available online for $8/person at Agrarian. On the day of the event, tickets are $10/person on-site.

A portion of all proceeds will benefit Nap Town Chickens’ Project Poultry school program: one local school will receive a donated, furnished and stocked chicken coop so that kids and teachers can learn not only the importance of where an egg comes from, but the fun of it, too!

3 people like this.
  4. browncow15

browncow15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Indiana

Where did you get your chicks?[/quote]

Rural King in Martinsville. :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I know, just with all the illness and injuries that have been happening latley make me worry which is why I decided this- I have decided for the most part I am just buying hatching eggs and chicks/chickens from people I know and trust that they have a healthy flock. Now what i need to figure out is when I start selling chick, chickens, eggs how do I make sure no one is bringing things with them and contaminate my flock. I need to research some on that.

1 person likes this.
  6. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    CCCHICKENS~ My post about not needing to stay away from Poultry Events wasn't directed to you. I know that we've all been especially worried about biosecurity because of illnesses in members' flocks. It's an individual choice and it's good that you are researching it.

morrisonmanor~ Welcome to the Indiana Thread! Your babies are adorable!

7. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    If I can get to a rural king before they are out of Cornish Crosses then the next day that DH and I will be processing chickens will be either Nov 9th or 16th.
    We don't have any fancy place or a real farm but if someone wants to come and learn how they are welcome. The only thing is that my DH will have the learner actually help with at least one chicken. So you might want to bring your own rooster for the effort. After all if you are going to do the hard part you might as well take home food. And just think if you want to thin the flock before winter processing is a great way to do it.

8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I know you didnt direct it to me. I just commented on it, since I mentioned something ealier and though you might have idea about people bringing stuff to me versues me going somewhere and ringing it back.

9. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Ive gotten 6 eggs from my tolbunt pair and so far 5 have been infertile! I just got the 6th egg today so it will go into the incubator tonight. Surely they will be fertile eventually lol

10. Quinstar

Quinstar Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2013
    Indiana
    Please stop breeding awesome chickens! I'm not going to have enough room next spring!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by