INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

2. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay guys, my cochin pullet is being a weirdo. I noticed the other day she was sitting in the nest box for a really long time, then when she came out she went under the coop while everyone else was free ranging. I thought she might be ill, so I kept an eye on her. She was eating and drinking fine, and went out with the others,so I figured she was just getting ready to lay an egg. Anyway I always call her my faker, because when she sits in the box she never lays. I have checked her over to see if she was egg bound and there is no obvious signs of it. Today she has spent most of the day in the box. I reached in to feel for her vent, and she isn't pushing like she is trying to lay. Just hanging out in there. No distress. Is it possible for a 6 month old cochin who as far as I know has yet to lay an egg, to go broody? I hope she isn't egg bound, but I don't see how she could be. She sleeps with everyone at night on the roosts.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  3. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    Here our my ameraucanas ( and a mix) I would like to share :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chicks

All of them together
    [​IMG]

If there's such a thing called a blue sex link chicken, he's one
    [​IMG]

Sadly, another scissor beak. But surprisingly is eating well :)
    [​IMG]

These two were difficult to get a pic of.
    [​IMG]

4. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    I was in the Martinsville RK yesterday. All they had were empty bins. Saved from the Chicken Math!

5. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Does the blue in the second pic have a cross beak. It might be part of her beard sticking out, i cant tell. I lover her beard and coloring, she is beautiful. She has even got some light lacing on her feathers. Even though I dont know what her legs look like, I would use her in breeding, assuming she dosent have a cross beak. Like I said before i dont really know a lot about the other varities. Your rooster is pretty too. His tail set is a little off, but in pics that really doesnt mean anything. YOur chick are cute too! My favorite is your blue hen, i just cant get over how pretty she is![​IMG]

7. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    if it weren't for my chicken plague I'd pick them up for you! I go to a vet tomorrow morning.

8. toodlesmom

toodlesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
  9. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Quote:Quote:

10. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    i dont know why it did that. I have never got chicks from them. all i know is what it said

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by