INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay so the website is being strange, so I'm quoting myself to post an update..... I went out and put a plastic egg in front of her in the box to see what she would do. She rolled it under herself!! So broody then???? Anyone? I have a ton of fertile silkie eggs over here. lol She is in the large fowl coop though. Should I move her to the silkie coop to brood babies?

2. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    Thanks! She does have cross beak, sadly. Though I think I might get more chicks from where I got her, because I too admired that hen and she's has a very nice personality.

3. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    She deifnatley dosent look it gives her an issue as she look pretty hefty in the pic. well then dont use her for breeding, she could pass it on to her offspring. I would get more chicks from whereever you got it. Where did you get her?

5. DarthLayer

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    A lady in Rennsalear. I think it's was called Carlburg Farms exotic and heritage poultry. She also has a Facebook page where I think you can see what breeds she has.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I am going to type that farm name on facebook and see if it comes up. I wouldnt mind having one or two, who am I kiddint more like 5 or 10!

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Found it!

8. DarthLayer

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    That's the spirit! LOL

9. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Yep! lol I sent her a message on facebook, now I am going to be checking facebook nonstop. Only reason I only get on facebook anymore is to look at farm websites and stuff, I liked littleameraucanamoms page and she has been posting some very tempting chickens, especially eggs, but incubator is full and cannot drive their now.

10. DarthLayer

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    I know! I always tempt myself about buying eggs, but my goal is not to put any eggs in the incubator till next spring but its so hard because I just can't help myself from looking at the hatching eggs section on here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by