INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Here are some pics of the new chicks with mama enjoying the day

Jchny- Thank you for the compliments. I am in love with this breed!

M2H- Poor Violet :( I'm sorry you had to put her to sleep but BonBon looks very cute so I am glad you were able to get another one.

Brad- what does your SFH chick look like?

Funny ( I think it is) story about Stripe and our younger dog, Eva. Eva keeps getting in the pen but doesn't hurt them, just tries to find bird poo. I'm so happy she is calm around them finally. Anyway, The other day, DH and I were sitting watching chicken tv and Eva was in their pen. Stripe didn't like her in there so she started rushing Eva. Eva rushed her right back and Stripe backed down. It was interesting to see. I

Last edited:
@hogster160 Ah, little mutt chickens. I almost think that's more fun when you don't know what they'll look like when they grow up. All these chick pictures are making me want to go pick some up. Must stay strong till spring!

If I can get to a rural king before they are out of Cornish Crosses then the next day that DH and I will be processing chickens will be either Nov 9th or 16th.

We don't have any fancy place or a real farm but if someone wants to come and learn how they are welcome.  The only thing is that my DH will have the learner actually help with at least one chicken.  So you might want to bring your own rooster for the effort.  After all if you are going to do the hard part you might as well take home food.  And just think if you want to thin the flock before winter processing is a great way to do it.
. I just came from Columbus rural king. They still had several Cornish x and they are already getting big!

Back
Top Bottom