INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    IMO, if. Got multiple chicks (be it I hatched them or not) that has scissor beak from the same breeder, I'd stay away from their lines. Sounds like a genetic issue in the lines and just because one doesn't have a scissor beak, that doesn't mean they cant be carriers.

2. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana

3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I have never gotten chicks or eggs from this person, therefore have never had a problem with them. I have done a lot of research on crossbeaks. I would never breed one that has it, and knew the sibilings could also be carriers. A week or so I am going to cull a crossbeak chick I have. A lot of people have been having problems with ameraucanas having crossbeaks latley.

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
  5. Leahs Mom

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I'd love to see a photo of your whole coop...inside and out! (You've probably posted it somewhere...you could just send a link...or post again :D

6. Leahs Mom

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    CLs are in my future too. They're popular because I get my blue eggs and I get to know what sex I have right at hatch. I like my ees...but it sure would be nice to know if they're male or female right from hatch.

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I will say that are unique, but they are not the breed for me. A ton of people like them and understand why, I mean cant get much better than auto sexing

8. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Here is my most recent hatch. 5 legbars and 1 sfh.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Swedish Flower
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Legbar pullets
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Legbar pair (pullet on left, roo on right)
    [​IMG]

The questionable won turned out to be a roo unfortunately. This gives me a total of 4 pullets and 5 Roos, but I will be selling 3 Roos if anyone is interested.

9. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    there is one bidder that already out bid John on them. I thought maybe it was a barely out bid thing but no the other bidder must really really want them. I will wait for the next listing. The others i got off ebay are going to be set on Wed so I really should wait and see if they hatch for me. setting eggs is addicting but can be cheaper than chicks. Not always though, the safe way is to buy these auto sexed chicks. Still i will not pay greenfire prices if I don't have too. I can only hear all of the people on CL laughing their heads off if I was to list a chick for over $50 and have a minimum to buy.

10. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

So I took her out of the box and she went up on the outdoor roosts with the others. Went to town, came back, she's in the box again sleeping. Isn't it bad for a 25 week old cochin to be broody ? I have silkie eggs to hatch but she is in the large fowl coop. could us e some advice. Its kinda cute she's broody but now Im not sure what to do. I could put her in the silkie coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by