INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    Brad my hatch will be done in about 25 days if no one has claimed a rooster by then maybe we can work something out. That is if the eggs hatch and mine are not all boys.

2. lilmizscareall

lilmizscareall Chillin' With My Peeps

I'll be going to Tour de coops! My husband and I have biked it every year.
    Most of coop owners do take precautions. The event does have predecessors in other states. So, I'd hope the host, Nap Town Chickens, has discussed concerns and risks with the coop participants.
    Anyways, it's a blast! The yards are beautiful, the coops vary from home to home and the people are very gracious. I'd highly recommend it.

3. Quinstar

Quinstar Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2013
    Indiana

You've made me change my acquisition list yet again... And you breed Marans? I think you're my one stop shop next spring. Can you autosex Marans or tolbunt or do you have to grow them out?

4. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    Now that it is less than a week away, who is going to the show in Bloomington? I've seen people posting on and off about it. We just decided that we will be going, and I'd like to see anyone else who is there.

If you are going, what time are you planning on being there?

Should be fun. Never been to a show before that wasn't during the fair.

5. SallyinIndiana

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    I'm planning on it weather depending. I'm thinking it will be after 8:30 before we show up. I'm planning to stop by Rural king on the way home. If they are out of the cornish chicks then off to Columbus on Sunday. I'm really hoping to avoid seeing both towns in one weekend.

6. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Yes, I have Birchen Marans. I don't think you can autosex or sex link tolbunts, but it may be possible to produce sex linked Marans.

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    o i didnt know these were the ones john was bidding on, sorry john wasnt trying to get you more competion

8. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    vickichicki! I meant to say that it's great to hear from you again. I'm sorry to hear that you've been working such long hours. Are you guys still thinking of moving or have you not had time to even deal with that thought? Btw, we can't have Rangi and Bonbon in competition-- it's like comparing bananas and oranges. (Rangi is longer and Bonbon is round.) [​IMG]
    hogster~ I am just fascinated with mother hen and baby photos. It's nice that the mama embraces diversity. haha Either that, or she needs some glasses.[​IMG]
    kaphyper~ Your broody hen sounds like her instincts kicked in! Guess you didn't need that incubator. Now, what's your plan to get fertile eggs quickly?
    Darth~ You have gorgeous chickens. I love them all.
    bradselig~ Oh my gosh, those little baby chicks look so fuzzy! How fun.
    julie~ I'm sorry that you have to take your cockerel to the vet tomorrow. Even if he perked up, you probably want to know what's going on. That's the worst part for me-- not knowing. We'll be thinking of you. Let us know what they say.
    Leahs Mom~ I've read that many people use plastic shopping bags to put over their shoes and secure with a rubber band. They can be changed each time before a person enters a new coop stop. I may go to both events since I have a daughter in Bloomington and one in Indy. I'll tell DH that we need to visit our daughters and then I'll say, "Oh look, there's a chicken event here. How lucky!"
    Btw, your Swedish Flower Hens are beautiful. It was fun to see Country Hen's pullet and then see how she'll look all grown up.
    Name Tag for Bloomington Poultry Show & Indy Coop Tour
    I made a 3" x 4" name tag that people can use if they wish to identify themselves at the events this weekend. You can use a red marker to fill in your county. This is just an idea if people want to look for Indiana BYCers. Just click on the image, "save as" NameTag to your desktop or wherever to print it off.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. SallyinIndiana

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

10. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    But did you get them?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by