INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. EmSteele

EmSteele Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    A "friend" named mine Steele Cockerels....well, she shortened cockerels and I had to put my foot down!

2 people like this.
  2. hogster160

hogster160 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    I would put no more than 4-5 birds in there then. Ours does have a min, but, mine is in Michigan, maybe that's the difference. They should do fine on the drive home. Just keep the inside comfortable, no ac. Maybe set the little box on a towel on the floor board. If you get little boys, sometimes you can tell by 4-8 weeks, sometimes it takes longer lol. I would post any roosters for sale on craigs list, lots of people buy them up from what I hear. Might get $4-5 for one thats a couple of months old.

1 person likes this.
  3. hogster160

Feb 13, 2013
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    They look like they had so much fun! Ah good memories for both them and you!

4. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

5. EmSteele

Apr 9, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    The old man was my neighbor.. After a well placed "I'd hate to shoot him but I will" remark (to his daughter) I haven't seen the little terror off of his chain since then.

6. PeacefulWalls

PeacefulWalls Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2013
    Goshen, Indiana
    [​IMG] Mom's away & we can play!!!! [​IMG] Love it! Makes you wonder what they have planned for the next time you're gone [​IMG]!

7. Urbanmom519

Urbanmom519 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2013
    NW Indiana

the dimensions state 32 inches deep, with two roosting bars, I want them happy, I hope I got a big enough one :/

8. hogster160

Feb 13, 2013
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    Thanks for adding to this! Being new to chickens myself, I don't always remember everything. I don't have any roosters so just giving the advice I've seen here. It does make a lot more sense to ask about roosting space, I presumed it would be as wide as the coop.

thanks again!

Deb

9. EmSteele

Apr 9, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I REALLY wish I could be at the Bloomington show but tomorrow is the kick off of our Persimmon Festival and I'll be manning a large yard sale with my mom...unless Husband gets his way and I have to spend the weekend close to English, IN :-/
    Are there many poultry/chicken shows more south of Bloomington?

10. pbirdhaven

pbirdhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    North Vernon IN
    The Bluegrass show in Frankfort KY is October 26; there is also one in Brownsville KY Oct 12.

There is no admission fee at the Bloomington show. The best time to visit is in the morning. Ending time varies depending upon the number of entries; once judging is completed and awards are announced, the birds are released. Ending times show later in the day, but I've never been to one that went longer than 2:00-2:30 PM (at least in my aging memory!). Especially if you are interested in sale birds, early is better. We can coop in on Friday evening (I'm seldom that organized), and often birds sell then.

I hope to see some BYCers there--it's always nice to put faces to names. I'm in a red Dodge Ram with a camper shell, about 5 ' '7" with gray hair. Have a couple of sale cages reserved, but depending on weather may have them at the truck instead.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by