INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  2. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Broody Lavender Day 3 update.
    I went out this morning and miss thang had broody pooped in the nesting box. [​IMG]. It got on a couple of the eggs, so I wiped them off in the hay. I didn't wash them. Her rear end felt moist from pooing in the box, so I hope it dries off. She had also crushed a silkie egg, but the shell was very thin, so it was probably for the best. It didn't leak out, thank goodness. I looked at it and it looked like it had started developing. I put new bedding in the box and replaced the eggs and she climbed right back in, not happy with me. She doesn't like to be off of those eggs at all. She drank quite a bit of water this morning, although I had to "feed" it to her. She is eating a little and drinking a little every day, so even though it's not a lot, hopefully it's enough to keep her from starving to death on her nest. Hopefully the calf manna and chick starter help with that. I'll try to post updates here and there. [​IMG] fingers crossed she hatches some cuties! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  3. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    im sorry,thanks for the reminder! I have it held back for you!
    i haven't decided yet. I really don't need to! But very tempting. I should hold off though until I get all my current projects were I want them before starting another!
    So sorry to hear this! I have a hard time losing chickens to natural predators, but understand it and take the risk with free ranging. I will not be as understanding when it is a domesticated animal coming on my property killing the chickens. Hopefully you get it taken care of.
    I really love brahmas and now the colors they are available in really makes me want them. I also want gold/blue partridge brahmas. If you are interested in any chicks this year, I just hatched a couple Birchen Marans. These are from my clean legged birds but they have decent egg color. Definitely not were I'd like it, thus these ones will be staying in my mixed flock and free range. Congrats on the egg, too!
    Hahaha!

4. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    For all of you folks that are heading to the poultry show Saturday, I am very jelly [​IMG]

If anyone happens to see a stunning blue, splash or mottled (although I don't think splash and mottled qualify for show stuff I heard) bantam cochin rooster and you don't live super far from me with some spare change in your pocket it would be appreciated :D
    Any left over girls work too [​IMG]

Found a listing in KY for 11 bantam cochins... Dead excited, I can drive that for 11 new birds... Well they live right at the southern border.... Phooey

5. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Guess I will have to wait for Brad's new Cochins to hatch and start reproducing... Get too it Brad!!

6. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    OK, you guys know about my sense of humor. Sooooooooooo, should Danand ask the sheriff?[​IMG]

Naaaaaahhhhhhh, I won't go there.

John

7. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
  8. morrisonmanor

morrisonmanor Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2012
    After looking at the chicks, I can see why you want them. Stay strong!

9. Urbanmom519

Urbanmom519 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2013
    NW Indiana

10. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    You don't say where you are located, other than Indiana.

Brad Selig is located somewhere around Fort Wayne. He is thinning his herd. He has quality birds. It would be hard to do better, if you want the breeds he is offering.

John

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by