INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Urbanmom519

Urbanmom519 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2013
    NW Indiana

I've already contacted him. thank you though :)

2. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Now that's a picture of a couple of kids that have been having fun!!!!!!!! Hurray for Dad!

John

1 person likes this.
  3. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Dang it all if rural king didn't have a new batch of baby chicks today. But I was strong! Just left with bedding and feed. :) Naturewise has this Feather Fixer formula right now for molting season - I think that's what it was called. I'm giving it a shot. I have a couple that could use all the help they can get!

4. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Bad news: I can't make it to the Bloomington poultry show because.......

Good news: My daughter who lives in Charleston, WV is coming for the weekend and bringing her DH and her 3 children. Yea, grandchillins.

John

1 person likes this.
  5. toodlesmom

toodlesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
    Wow! This has to be one of the chattiest groups on BYC! I finally caught up at 3:40 this morning, and I am already 5 pages behind!

Danand - It is irresponsible of Animal Control to simply tell you to shoot the dog. You could miss or wound it and be attacked. You could get in a stand-off or a shooting with your neighbor. It is the JOB of Animal Control to deal with dogs that are dangerous or damaging other people's property. They know you already have a history with this dog. The fact that he is not tied up and has come on your property alone entitles you to have him picked up. Well, that's my two cents worth.

Tour de Coops - Anyone else going? (I have no chickens yet, so won't have anything to bring disease home to, and expect there will be plenty of other people tromping from coop to coop anyway. Personally, I wouldn't want all those people even walking through my garden, let alone my coop.) Maybe we should wear our Indiana BYC nametags that M2H so kindly designed so we can identify one another? The tour starts at the new store, Agrarian, which is going to carry gardening, beekeeping, and chicken supplies. I expect they won't be a bargain store by a long shot, but they are carrying chicken feed that is non-soy and GMO free, which was something this group discussed awhile back.

1 person likes this.
  6. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Speaking of the tour de coops... I can't go. But...

I'm going to be expanding and would like to just look at other's setups. I would LOVE to see the coops/runs/yards of the folks on here that are hatching lots and lots of birds.

Now I KNOW those have been posted throughout the thread. But it would be wonderful to see a recap all in the next couple of pages.

I'd love to see how each of you "hatchers" separates out your grow-out areas (if you have grow-out coops) etc. But I'd also like to see anything and everything!

We could have our own "tour de coops" right here on the thread...and "tour de runs" and "tour de acreage"... I LOVE seeing other folk's handiwork and ideas :D

7. pbirdhaven

pbirdhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    North Vernon IN
    Will keep my eye out. Also going to Southern Ohio show in 2 weeks--big show and lots of sale cages. Just let me know what you're willing to spend.

I see mottled in the shows, don't know if they qualify for breed awards. Splash don't, but I hear that the club is working on getting them qualified.

8. CPChix

CPChix Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2013
    Crown Point here. Northwest corner of the state, about 60 minutes north of Lafayette.

Six hens total - 1 buff rock, 1 buff orpington, 1 white plymouth rock, 1 cuckoo marans, and 2 rhode island reds. 3 of the 6 started laying last week.

9. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    Not sure if its interesting to you, but the Chicken Chick just posted a recipe for something she calls Molt Muffins. You can search for her on FB or just the internet.

Have a good time with them. I bet they love coming to see you and all your animals!

I know we have talked a lot here about making food at home. I was reading the Hobby Farms magazine called Chickens and they had several recipes and options in the current edition. Interesting stuff.

10. jen214

jen214 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2013
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    New to BYC and thought I should subscribe to the IN thread...I hear its the fastest moving thread on here! I have only 12 girls and thy are just starting to lay regularly. 6 Buff Orps, 1 red pullet ??? and 6 Black Jersey Giants (they may grow to be as big as turkeys)

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by