INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    The Martinsville RK had a bunch of ISA browns. You could hear them from all over the store. I also stayed strong, but will admit to stopping and admiring for a while.

Welcome!

Welcome!

I haven't decided on my pens either. Leaning towards just netting/fencing. Also haven't figured out what I'm going to do for waterers this winter...

2. Delawaremommy

Delawaremommy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2013
    okay...I have lost many things but the thing i miss the most are the show times for Bloomington tomorrow!!!! Someone? Anyone? Everyone? I know it's at the fairgrounds/airport but what are the open hours for to come look at the pretty birdies????

3. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    That feather fixer feed I picked up today.... It also says it helps to prevent mite infestations. It's naturewise so i doubt it's any kind of medication. I wonder how that is? I haven't had time to look at it better...

Lol good job racin! I have to admit I considered it for just a second....

4. hogster160

hogster160 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's the turkeys. The tom tried to mate with the hen, hes too new to it I guess, it didn't work, she got all upset and started kicking his butt. A few scuff marks, but all is well. They are friends again, til the next time that is. Hopefully he figures it out soon It got ugly out there for a while. That was really my first turkey fight. They both were giving it good! I tell ya, not what I was expecting today.

Deb

5. hogster160

hogster160 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    Quote:

This was posted earlier, is this what you are looking for?

6. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    the plastic rippled roofing from lowes requires supports every two feet like a tic tac toe board and a 1-3 inch slope in snow to avoid cracking. We are looking into it for our coop. I have it on top of one of my breeding pens and it looks cool. We went with the blue and it lets a soft light in. I'm guessing no light if snow was sitting on it. Using a tarp is cheaper but not as nice looking if you are just wanting a winter cover.

7. toodlesmom

toodlesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
    A big welcome to CPChix and jen214! You will need to read daily to keep up, but it is so worthwhile! There are people to answer your questions, loads of information (even on things you have not yet thought about), lots of friendly banter, and kind folks who really care about chickens. You have come to the right place!

8. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana

Welcome to the thread. Please hang your coats up on the hook and shoes off when you come in... We just had new carpet installed :D

2 people like this.
  9. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I do not really 'cover' the run but I do have a tarp I use for when it snows and such, more to act like a snow break so it does not end up 12' deep if it drifts.

10. Webechickens

Webechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    East Central Indiana

Welcome from east central Indiana!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by