INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

[/IMG]

these are two of the chicks, of they are Easter eggers that's just fine, that's what I originally wanted, but was sold these as araucanas, two do look like they have tail feathers. these are iffy....

Baby chicks are so much fun. Whatever they end up as I am sure you will enjoy them.

So for some protection over the outdoor roost area in the winter, I could put some tinoil over the top so the guvmint beams don't make their way into my chickens heads at night, right?

Steve
No tinfoil. It blocks the microwave transmissions. It's the microwaves that keep the chickens warm. There isn't much in a chicken's brain for the guvmint to read.

John

Just got home from the Bloominton show. Racin- was leaving as I pulled in. Saw Peabirdhaven and her sister. And Racin was right!! There were some BIG birds there!! And some tiny ones too!! There was a trio of chocolate orps for sale( and a black trio too) , I went back in to inquire about them, $100!!! They sure were pretty though. Looking forward to the Lebanon show now too.

Kab- you big black girl is a beauty!!

Julie- I saw that food also at RK. Let me know what you think. I'm thinking of getting some calf manna to try also.

Expo- welcome- ill have to look up half of what you mentioned. Fun group here, hope you join in!!

Urbanmom- I love my EEs . Some of mine are friendly and some are not. Mine are pretty good layers and pretty to look at too!

Just got home from the Bloominton show. Racin- was leaving as I pulled in. Saw Peabirdhaven and her sister. And Racin was right!! There were some BIG birds there!! And some tiny ones too!! There was a trio of chocolate orps for sale( and a black trio too) , I went back in to inquire about them, $100!!! They sure were pretty though. Looking forward to the Lebanon show now too.

Kab- you big black girl is a beauty!!

Julie- I saw that food also at RK. Let me know what you think. I'm thinking of getting some calf manna to try also.

Expo- welcome- ill have to look up half of what you mentioned. Fun group here, hope you join in!!

Urbanmom- I love my EEs . Some of mine are friendly and some are not. Mine are pretty good layers and pretty to look at too!

I think she is pretty too, except she is Kiniskas hen lol.
wink.png

They are really cute no matter the breed UrbanMom519. We also thought we were getting Ameraucanas when we got our Easter Eggers. The people at tractor supply think they are the same thing, but if you go to the Ameraucana thread, you will quickly be informed of the difference. My Easter Egger, Nutella, lays the prettiest light green eggs ever and while she is not the friendliest bird I have, I wouldn't trade those eggs. My rooster, Peanut Butter, has turned out to be a really nice boy (on my Avatar) and looked very similar to the darker chick in your pics. Congratulations on your babies.

They are really cute no matter the breed UrbanMom519.  We also thought we were getting Ameraucanas when we got our Easter Eggers.  The people at tractor supply think they are the same thing, but if you go to the Ameraucana thread, you will quickly be informed of the difference.  My Easter Egger, Nutella, lays the prettiest light green eggs ever and while she is not the friendliest bird I have, I wouldn't trade those eggs.  My rooster, Peanut Butter,  has turned out to be a really nice boy (on my Avatar) and looked very similar to the darker chick in your pics.  Congratulations on your babies. 

I really hope it isn't a little boy, I would hate to fall in love with him and have to sell him :( can't keep a liil roo, they were supposed to be pullets guess we will find out!!!#

Back
Top Bottom