INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    [​IMG]
    What a beautiful day to enjoy the clover!

2. amwchickin

amwchickin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2013
    Dubois County, IN
    I so wish I could have gone up to Bloomington for the show today, but unfortunately had to work. Oddly enough, I'm going there tomorrow to see my brother...

I hope to make it to the next one so I can meet some chicken people!!

3. amwchickin

amwchickin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2013
    Dubois County, IN
    Last weekend I went to TSC in Boonville since they had a farm animal swap day. I got two Mille Fleur bantam pullets (one of which is in a tree in Evansville ((can they ever fly)) and my sister is desperately trying to catch it) and the other will be moving out with the rest of them in a couple weeks.

I also got two Black Copper Marans from a different from a different person and when I got them home I found this on there heads:

[​IMG]
    It looks like dandruff holding onto the feathers or non-moving lice. Any help would be appreciated.

4. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Kiniska- sorry I gave credit to Kab!! Beautiful girl!! My iPad wont let me do quotes so I have to remember......and that's not a good thing!!

5. hogster160

hogster160 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    So hows every ones egg counts? I'm normally 10-12 a day with 14 layers, 1 broody and I'm down to 5 eggs a day. EE and the white chickens are laying regular, nothing from my 3 BA or 2 BLRW. I may get 3 brown eggs a week. New normal is now green and white. Is it the weather, should I be concerned for my birds? I did see one white chicken (really don't know what kind she is lmao) that has some raised scales in the bend of her foot. Shes laying great. Everyday. Everyone else looks normal. I don't see any other signs of mites or lice.

6. toodlesmom

toodlesmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2013
    Welcome, exop and gingergma to the fastest chat on BYC! This is a great place to make friends, ask questions, learn a lot about chickens (and other things), and indulge in a little playful banter. What are your flocks composed of? What do your coops and runs look like?

7. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    does it wash off? it does not look like wet feed exactly but if you are lucky the seller was feeding ff or wet feed and it is food.
    if not and it is a parasite check out these pictures. It does not look like northern mites but maybe lice eggs. I would bathe the chicken really well and seven dust her. If she is not laying in the next 30 days I might even put some kind of chicken version of frontline on her. I would keep her miles from your chickens. I would freak out about my clothes and shoes and wash them overly well before they came anywhere near my chickens. I would pull out every bio security measure I could.
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/08/poultry-lice-and-mites-identification.html

8. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    I wanted to say the lice typically are found near the vent, the neck location made me think of food.

9. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I dont know what it is. But the way its eye looks worries me. It dosent look exactly like ocular mareks but similar. It could also have cataracts or be blind. Was it the way the picture was taken or is that what it always looks like? Here is what ocular mareks looks like (like I said similar looking, but not exactly the same)
    [​IMG]

Not trying to get you all worried or anything, just wondering if there is something wrong with it. I hope their isnt.

10. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    from my one pen of 13 pullets I am getting 2-4 eggs. It is sad lol, i give them a hard time, even though i dont actually care. I go in there and give them a speech sometimes (ya im weird). It is most likely the weather. Not sure whats up with your one girls foot,I would have to see a picture.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by