INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    Don't worry Danada I didn't take offense. This thread just moves to fast for any one person to keep it straight.:D

2. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    The bird blinked. There's nothing wrong with its eyes. Honestly, the bird looks like it has a REALLY bad infestation of lice. If you fullview the picture, you can see that that stuff on its neck is nits. Give these birds a thorough bath and treat them with something for lice.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  3. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    why are the lice so far from the vent? is it that there are so many? I thought it looked like lice eggs too but the location threw me.

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    ok, just wanted to be sure. I agree with it having a really bad infestation of lice. Cheap dog flea shampoo and white vinegar works really good to get rid of lice. You can find specifics on how to wash they on BYC

5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I usually see them under the wings. I have never seen them on the vents of my chickens. There isnt a certain location they have to be at. I always bath my chickens before and after shows, I have had chickens come home with lice! not very happy when that happens, would think people would make sure their chickens didnt have them before shows, but some just dont care

6. gunchief25

gunchief25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Solsberry, Indiana

I got there about 11 AM. I didnt meet any BYCers. I did enjoy walking around looking at all the chickens with my daughters.

7. hogster160

hogster160 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    I'll get a pic of the leg tomorrow, I'm sure its nothing. This being my first year with chickens, I'm still learning what "normal" is for lots of things. As far as the eggs go, we got the BA's because they like to lay in the winter time. Here is it the first day of fall, and they have pretty much gone on strike. It's all good, just for personal use, we don't sell the eggs or anything. Mostly just concerned.

8. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Gun chief- we were there about the same time!! Sorry we didn't meet!:(

9. jsummers

jsummers Out Of The Brooder

Jul 26, 2012
    Hey all! Havent been on here in a while but i need to downsize my flock for the winter. I have several ducks for sale of different breeds. $10 each. Only want to keep 2. 1 is broody at the moment so she cant be sold til the eggs hatch, but i can hold her for someone. I also have several chickens of various breeds for sale only want to keep cochins and 12 hens and 1 roo. must take at least 1 roo with hens depending on number of hens you take. Roos are purebreds. Hens are $10 each and under 1 yr old. Roos are $5. May also have some white chinese geese for sale too $25 each. Please email me at [email protected] since i dont get on here much.

10. gunchief25

gunchief25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Solsberry, Indiana

Oh well, maybe next time. I really enjoyed seeing all the different birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by