INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. amwchickin

amwchickin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2013
    Dubois County, IN

2. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    For scaley leg mites, just some oil applied to the legs for a few days to a week or so works well. Can use regular cooking oil, coconut oil, etc. It smothers the mites then helps restore the scales. Also put some oil around the crevices at the roost edges, floor edges, etc. Smothers those eggs.

Another good item is called NuStock. It has pine tar and sulfur. Amazing stuff that really takes care of them well (again, without harsh chemicals). But NuStock has a really strong smell! Great stuff for killing nits around the vent, treating vent gleet (it's anti-fungal) and a good all-around healing ointment (also anti-biotic).

I always keep NuStock in my animal first aid. If you can stand the smell, it's one of the best!

http://www.amazon.com/Nu-Stock-by-Durvet-12-oz/dp/B000HHSIYQ
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  3. pginsber

pginsber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Our two garage/yard cats like to leave 'faces' around for us to find. It always creeps me out to find a chipmunk face staring up at me from the driveway. I rarely find the bodies, just the faces. [​IMG]
    We have bells on their collars and they STILL kill and eat all sorts of creatures. Mostly chipmunks and birds.

4. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    I love the nu-stock, great stuff, but the odor is strong.

5. hogster160

hogster160 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    New Carlisle, Indiana
    The direction say

"When shanks of leg appears dry rub them with a small amount of cold vetRX from the bottle. in case of heavy scale, apply cold rx rub thoroughly all over shanks and toes. Repeat every three days until legs are completely free of scale."

6. hogster160

hogster160 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    New Carlisle, Indiana

Can we buy that local or only online? Either way, looks like I'll be adding this too. Thanks!

7. browncow15

browncow15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Indiana
    Whew made it! So apparently my calf had gorged himself on feed while we were gone Sunday. Baking soda and milk of mag fixed him right up, couldn't even tell he was sick the next morning!

My son has been really excited about blue eggs :) DH had a guy about trying to find someplace to isolate the new birds so I took my chances and threw them in with everyone else. I was very surprised how well it's gone! My roo has done a great job of breaking up squabbles, surprisingly.

8. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  9. Urbanmom519

Urbanmom519 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2013
    NW Indiana

I'm guessing they were born around the 14th of Sept, they were about a week when I got them, so around 2 weeks now? they were just feathering at the tips off their wings when I got them, now all the wings are in and the tail feathers are starting, I'm not clear on the age, for them from RK so they never know :/

10. Delawaremommy

Delawaremommy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2013
    It was the African Geese that were there at the show. They were beautiful and so is this pair. Do you have trouble with the wattles in the winter? Or are they hardier than I give them credit for? Also Love Love Love your EE!

Adorable ducks and your girls look very happy on their barn gate!

Very Handsome Roo!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by