INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. HouseKat

HouseKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2013
    Southern Indiana
  2. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Went out and candled tonight. We threw 3 clear silkie eggs out, but the other 9 were all developing and moving like crazy!! We even saw a beak and a little foot through the shell. SO cute. Lavender hates it when we take her eggs, but now we know how many we have so far. Hopefully everything goes well until next tuesday. [​IMG]

3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    My salmon favorelle went to bed early yesterday. this is her at 6:00 pm.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of my silver duckwing OEGBs sprouted a second head
    [​IMG]

Here my only white bantam AM. She is still pretty young she is 10 weeks old. I cant wait to see what she looks like when she is full grown.
    [​IMG]
    this pic makes her beard look funny
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    crossing my fingers you have good hatches
    [​IMG]

5. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    I think I'd try some duramycin-10 in their water. It's cheap antibiotic and they sound pretty sick. it's worth a shot. The only draw back is the withdrawal
    Period for eggs is 21 days but for meat its much shorter for some reason. You'd have to look it up to verify but i think its only like four days. Strange I know.

1 person likes this.
  6. Delawaremommy

Delawaremommy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2013
    Your Salmon looked like she needed the sleep! Adorable bantams!!!! I'll take the one with two heads.....the motto at our house is if it aint broke it aint ours!

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    She acted pretty beat the other night, because you know being a chicken take a lot out of you. Walking around, eating, foraging and all who wouldn be tired!lol. thank you. Nice motto!lol

8. pbirdhaven

pbirdhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    North Vernon IN
    I would get a good antibiotic. Tylan 50 is pretty effective with respiratory issues. I don't know whether RK or TSC carry anything besides the injectible, but it comes in other forms. I'm partial to the injectible. Last fall I had a bout with respiratory problems. I caged the birds in my enclosed sun porch and ran a vaporizor with Oxine in the water. I don't know of any place locally that carries Oxine; I ordered through Amazon. Most poultry supply houses list it now also.
    Good luck with your chickens!

1 person likes this.
  9. wheezy50

wheezy50 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2013
    Morgan Co.
    Thanks for all the rabbit advice! I figured there would be some people here who have had pet rabbits, i appreciate the help.

I still don't know the exact breed we will get but probably either a full size or mini lop. I think the living indoors %100 of the time thing is not going to work, but supervised inside time should be ok. I think a large cage/kennel in the climate controlled garage will be the best idea. With an outdoor hutch for good weather.

10. barb s

barb s Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2013
    Columbia City area
    Well I have what is probably a dumb question but I candled the eggs under my broody hen tonight she's been sitting on them for a week. If they are fertile what should I be seeing? They all looked like they have a dark mass in them except for one it looked like it was clear. Does anyone candle with a flashlight, if so what type/size?
    On a different subject I have a new layer today. I found this in the nesting box.The second picture is it compared to one of my other eggs. It looks like one of my banty eggs but they all lay white eggs so I know it wasn't one of them. It had to come from a slw, glw, bpr, rir or nh. Any idea which one lays an egg this dark? Thanks for any help.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by