INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    she finally stopped posting. I wonder if It occurred to her that the conversation was making me uncomfortable

2. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    wow i cant beileve you habe a pair if corbish cross over a year old!

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    thanks for all the info!

5. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

6. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Ugh fell asleep at the computer again! [​IMG] Anyone raise honeybees? I have a nest in my office trailers outside walls.
    Hate to kill them off, what a valuable resource. Did I mention I am terrified of bees? [​IMG]
    Bees spiders and roaches make my skin crawl! ewww! Give me a snake or mouse any day.
    If someone wants the hive please feel free to take them. Will post to craigslist next week in hopes to save them from certain death.
    I know they are not as aggressive as other bees.. still, ugh! gotta go, my Dad is allergic to the sting.
    Please PM me with thoughts or ideas to rehome them.

7. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Barb, mrtattoo,Julie- great pics-all!!

CCcc- I'm a contractor and I have a client that has a "chicken themed" living room. She had an old chicken crate for her coffee table and chicken border on the walls, chicken curtains and.........stuffed roo and hen!! Yes taxidermied!! They were very pretty and she was very proud of them!! Someone on CL had some for sale a while back all song with other fowl!! And have you seen the movie Hope Floats!!

Jchny- hope someone wants your bees. I bought my DH a hive and all the tools but he's been gone too much to ever get it going..... Maybe next yr!!

8. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    There are many bee keepers who will come get them, I don't know any around you, but I'm sure if you post to craigslist some would love to have them. Or search for people selling honey in your area, they usually all know each other.

9. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    hahaha oh man. I just woke up and read this and I'm laughing all over again. Proudly mounting my bird.... You handled it very well!

10. lilmizscareall

lilmizscareall Chillin' With My Peeps

Count me as the oddball out, but I don't think it's that weird! It's definitely a lost art, which doesn't mean you have to be interested in it. Art can be very subjective. I've always found taxidermy interesting, but could never get a family pet mounted, but a chicken? I totally would! Lol!
    This is something she lives everyday of her life, so for her to ask you if you were interested, was not strange to herself.
    There's a lot of other things I could compare it too, but yes if it is not your norm, than I totally get it. You were not expecting it and are uncomfortable with it.
    I on the other hand, would have jumped on the offer. (Free? Well yes!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by