INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. browncow15

browncow15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Indiana

2. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Any one fairly close to the Indy area have duck eggs for sale? Like closer than brown county :)??

3. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

4. lilmizscareall

lilmizscareall Chillin' With My Peeps

Google Heavenly Springs Farm...

5. lilmizscareall

lilmizscareall Chillin' With My Peeps

Off, but on subject...
    Do any of you Pinterest? Specifically pin, on a coop and chicken, board! I'd love to follow...

6. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    thanks!

1 person likes this.
  7. J3nn

J3nn Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2013
    Fountaintown, Indiana
    I do! I just started blogging about my chickens, but I keep a board on Pinterest for ideas for later!
    http://www.pinterest.com/messhall2bistro/ideas-for-the-ladies/

8. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    heavenly springs is little ameraucana mom on this thread! Great people with beautiful birds.

9. pbirdhaven

pbirdhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    North Vernon IN
    A breeder that I met at the Ohio National last year sells his extra roos to the Chinese. He said that they also do not kill white ones, but they will kill and eat a white silkie. Since it has dark skin, it doesn't count as white. Go figure!

10. barb s

barb s Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2013
    Columbia City area
    Thank you to everyone for your compliments on my new babies. They are doing great. I went out this morning and bought the a 2 x 4 stock tank for their brooder. It was on my buy list I just hadn't planned on getting it until spring. But that's okay they have room to grow and I have room just in case I need it for more babies.
    On the subject of more babies I am looking into getting more babies in the spring. I am looking to getting heritage birds rather than hatchery birds. I would really like to get chicks from breeders on here. But I would also like input from any one on any breeders they have dealt with and liked or didn't like. A couple places that I have inquired about spring chicks is Dick Horstman's Poultry and Walt's Ark Ranch. Any information on either of these two would be appreciated. One last thing. Does anyone know of someone who is breeding Iowa Blues? Thanks in advance for any information

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by