INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    I know some one around Bloomington that raised Sumatras and is getting out of the breed. Let me know if you'd like contact info.

2. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    oh my gosh you sound just like me lol I bet they are ok. Mine needed help but the mom would not go anywhere near the pipped egg. Sounds like what you did was very brief and then the eggs went right back to correct humidity and temp. I worried soooo much. I bet the second time is much easier. I have a broody BO right now and I'm thinkin about chicks.....

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  3. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

I didn't take her off for more than a few seconds. Each time. The chicks have been pushing more air in and out than I think I could have exposed the eggs to. lol They are busy little nuggets. I wasn't planning on helping any chicks hatch. I would rather them go in the shell naturally, than to have to put them down because of birth defects or weakness. I couldn't do it. I can't even kill bugs. I will just hope everything goes okay. That way I will know when it comes time for the 15 eggs one of my silkie hens is sitting on to hatch. [​IMG]Oh boy lol

4. barb s

barb s Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2013
    Columbia City area
    Yeah it's great. I will be more than happy to grow out a couple of New Hampshire for you. I will increase the order so there is a better shot of getting some girls. Bathtub wouldn't work for us we only have 1 bathroom. I have always used plastic totes, but with these chicks I bought a 2 x 4 stock tank. It has a lot more room for them to grow. And I can put lots of chicks in it.
    There is someone on here who has Heritage Rhode Island Reds but I can't remember who. Walt's Ark has French Marans Black and Blue Copper I believe. Dick Horstman has Silver Laced Wyandotte. He also has Silver-Penciled and Partridge Rocks. From what I understand Strombergs show quality chickens come from Duane Urch and they have Australorp and Silver Laced, Golden Laced Wyandotte plus a lot of other breeds and colors. If you order any and need some one to split with or take any extras let me know and maybe I can help you out.

5. barb s

barb s Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2013
    Columbia City area
    I would be interested in some of the barred rocks if they aren't already spoken for.

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I dont worm mu chickens. I wont until u find worms. It can be a bery heated subject in some cases on wether to or not to.

7. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Whuts a DQ?

OK, here you go. This is from several years ago during my confused time.

[​IMG]

Don't tell anyone.

John

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  8. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    This is the kind of misuse of animals that really makes me mad.[​IMG]

Hats of to you Pip for rescuing this otherwise beautiful bird.

John

9. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    A DQ is a Disqualification.

And I didn't see a photo... [​IMG]

10. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Fixed. I tried to copy/paste rather than upload. Looked good when I did it. Didn't display.

Post # 15477

John

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by