INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. gunchief25

gunchief25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2013
    Solsberry, Indiana
    All caught up. Congrats on all the chicks that have been hatched!!!

2. Webechickens

Webechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    Mother2Hens- I have never posted pictures on here before. Not sure how to do it.

3. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Gun chief- it has been super hat to stay caught up these last few days!!! Wow, we are a talkative group!!

Old salt- interesting info on the genealogy. We have some of our info but got stuck!! And not very far back. One of these cold winter days I hope to work on it more!! I may call u then!!!

Well Happy Birthday Jchny!!!! And many more!!!

Saw an article on FB about the gvment's knowledge of arsenic in our chicken!! We are doomed!!! Even if you try to eat well!!

4. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Webechckens- it's fairly easy. When you go to your reply box, up at the top in it is a pic icon, click it. It will ask if you want it from your files or anURL. Click which ever it is and then select your pic. I'm on an iPad so it only lets me do 1 pic at a time. (Maybe more if I knew what I was doing. Just play with it!!

5. Webechickens

Apr 1, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    Danand-Clicked on the reply box to see and found insert image. Is that the right one?

6. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Hahaha, no worries! I know they are ugly, but still one of my favorite breeds.

heirloom vs. heritage? Is there a difference? I honestly don't know. I'll get the pictures tonight after work posted. I'm getting some eggs from eBay (but I believe they are also on here) shipped from GA so I'm nervous about these eggs. The others are coming from a member on here from TN. I decided to get in them because I don't have a true barred bird in my flock yet really like them. And of course I didnt want just any "plain barred bird" so had to get something more uncommon. I think these are prettier than the hatchery barred.

7. PeacefulWalls

PeacefulWalls Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2013
    Goshen, Indiana
    Brad -- on the other hand, Chloe saw the pictures and she thought they were adorable! She's also wondering if you're doing any blue scale quail...

8. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    I was disgusted by how ugly my ducklings were when they hatched. Now they are very pretty little khakis. I was also surprised by how much they ate and how fast they grew in their first 6-8 weeks but they have settled down and now barely eat any feed mainly just bugs and weeds. Also they are not growing nearly as fast right now so it turns out they won't end up being the giant massive ducks that I feared when they were downing food as fast as a meaty chick.

9. Webechickens

Apr 1, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    Sad to report that one of the eggs that was hatching yesterday (completely open 1 inch all the way around) died. I went out a little while ago to check and lifted up mom. The bottom half of the shell was off but the top half (air cell end) was still attached. Guess it got stuck trying to get out. Oh, well, we have 5 new peeps and they're too cute. If I can figure out how to do pics, I will.

10. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay update this morning. I went out and uncovered her brooder to see what was going on. She is still sitting on the nest. I gave her a quick drink and a bite to eat, and she called the kids out. The white silkie, the minorca cross, the wyandotte and a new little one that also looks like a wyandotte came out. I was wondering where the little blue silkie was, then I saw it peek out so I picked it up. Yesterday it was strong and doing great. Today its legs go forward, like it is sitting on its butt. It is strong and want s to stand, but cant. My heart is broken. I was so excited to get a perfect little 5 toed blue silkie. Is there anything that I can do??? I heard a squeal over the camera this morning, so I wonder if it got squished. It's not spraddle leg, it's legs just go forward instead of down.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by