INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Pictures.

When you do a post, look at all the little icons above your text. See the Smiley face? To it's left, is a thing that looks like mountains. Put your mouse pointer on that and a hint box will appear that says "Insert Image". Click that and an "Embed an Image" dialog will pop up. Follow the instructions and you can insert an image where ever the blinking cursor is.

Note that the image has to be saved somewhere on your computer and uploaded before it will be inserted.

John

2. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    What happens when there is only one tree in the area.

[​IMG]

John

3. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Just logged in for a minute and saw this lol I love it.

4. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    I know what you mean! I panicked when my ducks were babies. They out ate all of my five chicks put together! Now they hit the feed bowl maybe once in the morning and spend the rest of the day foraging. And they are my most reliable layers. Well, besides my comet.

5. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Lol John! That looks like my house with 5 dogs.

I went and bought Poly-vi-sol and gave the chick with the bad legs a drop. I saw more egg shells laying around and saw we have another wyandotte and an extra set of shells. I felt around and found a dead blue silkie. So I had two blue silkies. She stepped on one I think because it was under her foot when I found it. The other blue is the one I gave the vitamins. I hope her legs are just weak, and not messed up from being stepped on. The little white silkie is doing great. I have learned however, that maybe putting silkie eggs under large fowl hen is a mistake. I won't do that again. So in total I have 2 wyandottes, a minorca cross, one white healthy silkie, and 2 blues, one deceased and one struggling. I am waiting on the australorp egg and two more silkies to hatch. I also have my silkie hen on her 15 eggs in the silkie coop, so I won't be short on silkies, but is is disheartening to lose them. The little ones that are healthy are very strong. So that is something.

6. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    "We better keep an eye on him; I think he's up to no good".

[​IMG]
    John

1 person likes this.
  7. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Kab- hope the little one pulls thru!! And your right you still have more to go!!

John- I'd seen that pic before!! Still cracks me up. Not sure mine would be that brave!!

8. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    so sad, I hope it gets better.

9. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Kabhyper - ETA: see my below post

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  10. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Vitamin E Deficiency: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...y-and-crazy-chick-disease-photos-added-post-5

This is what I was thinking of! Try to find some Vitamin E to give the little one and see if it helps. I'm also seeing where Selenium is necessary to absorb vitamin E, so you might want to look into that.

Also, wry neck--the treatment is similar, and this treatment was used with success in a wry neck chick: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ze-updated-with-great-results/10#post_4698410

And finally, I didn't think of it before, but make sure your Poly-Vi-Sol is the kind without iron, as the iron is bad on the little birdies.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by