INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

So I will make this quick...

I have a newish job topped with my other job so I have not had time for anything lately... Waahh...

Just candled my eggs... I saw movement in both of them. Yay. Little concerned by the location of one air sac slightly higher on the wall of the egg than the other.. We shall see.

Do not remember my date that I put them in with the girls, but I am guessing by the candling pictures online, we are at least 15+days, seeing the movement and feather outlines, maybe closer to being done. Air sacs look pretty big.

Fingers crossed this works. Miss seeing my girls outside. The other three have gone on egg strike for now and have been loitering inside the coop where apparently all the cool kids hang :D

Hope to catch up soon
frow.gif
Miss ya, I have been catching up mostly!
fl.gif
Good luck with the hatch.
Remember to take time for you too
hugs.gif

Naturally. We'll PM you with progress.
thumbsup.gif

Two of the chicks have brown stripes on their heads and chipmunk stripes on their backs. One chick has a Harry Potter spot on his head and no markings on his back. Here's their first photo shoot:

They're complaining about their vaccines.

Here's a closeup of the gold one:

Can he be ANY CUTER?!!!

Here's the bunch as they hang out with Mom:

Sharing a little fuzzy happiness to brighten your day.

Oooh... So cute. Still have a ridiculous smile on my face from seeing them.

I know Racin asked (futher in I am re-reading and posting as I go) They are RIR's hatchery quality.

I was trying to attach a picture of them but apparently BYC is having issues loading the picture attachment.

HI! We are new and was told about the state sites! I am looking to start our adventure here in Northwest Indiana, but don't know where I can purchase chicks. We are looking to purchase egg layers. We are from Northwest Indiana and our town is looking to change our ordinances, so that is why we are looking now. We were going to wait until Spring, but now we cannot. And why wait right? I look forward to "meeting" everyone and thank you in advance for your help!

Welcome to the thread!!!

Great news about the city changing their ordinance. If only others would follow suit.

Its great you are looking first. Have a dig through and see which breeds you are interested in. There are some great hardy egg layers out there.
Although it is later in the year, you can still find chicks here and there. Just don't forget to make a start on a coop. Thinking you can make one in time for the chicks leaving the house is often not the case. However we are here for when you do finally make the plunge. Ask any questions and I am sure you will have your answers soon enough.

Hello! My name is diana, and I got thrown into chickens Bout a month ago. We have a good sized urban garden and now have 10 birds. I am in the Indianapolis are and actually looking for a home for the one Roo. He is a giro game fowl. I think. He is noisy and is a flight risk. He likes to get up in trees. He is pretty tame once you get him. Him and the two hens were kept in some pretty gross conditions. Any advice on the hens would be appreciated!

Welcome to the thread. I too am in Indianapolis :D

I can not help with the rooster at this time. Although with the breed I am sure there is someone that would be interested in taking him.

As I am working back through the posts someone has probably already answered for advice on your hens. We have some superb 'doctoring' on this thread.

Enjoy!

HELLO! sorry guys, been super busy working and kid watchin. i started to look through the last 2000 posts... but, eh... i'm a quitter. my chicks are getting big, enjoying free ranging for the first time today. the whole family sat in the yard and watched their first adventure. the BOs were only interested in the chicks coop for food, glad they didnt bully them. the meat birds are so funny, either they are too stupid or really friendly i havent decided. got a bag of feed from orshyln in seymour yesterday, it had a corner taped shut, and it was $2.50 off. didnt look like much was missing. love when i can find a deal.

Yay.. Tis Crafty....Now all we need is for CluckAcres to make an appearance.

So I got up early this morning with intentions to fully catch up. However after reading then re-reading to add postings my time is up.

Full day of helping set up 3 weddings and a party. Sooo...

I am setting a post-it note on the puter with the last post number on it so maybe I can continue my catch up when I get home.

To be honest I like the jumbos and the golden'best, little sweethearts and not aggressive at all.
All my A&Ms are mean lil buggers! They not only bite, but jump up, clamp down and hang off my arms!
I have 3 different lines of A&M. The Tibetians and the tennesse reds are just as bad.
I plan to focus on Jumbo and Golden variety, they are very friendly and calm. I can still pick up any of them and they like being held.
I do like the tuxedo, but are not as hardy as the jumbos. Lost several at hatch.
I think Chloe said she liked the looks of the tuxedo ones also...might be interested in a second breed...we'll see.

How 'bout some silliness to start off the day?

GLAD THESE AREN'T MY ROOSTERS! (Thanks to Quailsong for sharing in another place.)

0.jpg

0.jpg
lau.gif
I started to have tears because I laughed so hard at the bottom one!

Back
Top Bottom