INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Leahs Mom

Leahs Mom Chicken Obsessed

Feb 9, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Good way to start the day, then.

"A joyful heart is good medicine....." Pro. 17:22

2. Crafty chick

Crafty chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2012
    Pierceton, Indiana
    oh leahsmom! i swear the second ones waddle was getting paler towards the end! too funny. my kids loved it

3. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Okay, folks, this morning I've hurt my neck. I'm not sure what happened, my neck just went 'crunch' and now I can't move it without being in unbearable pain. So if anyone asked me something or anything else I might have missed, please either repost it or PM me so I can see it later. (This post has perfect timing, too, seeing the ones above it. :lol: )

Now, my babies are 5 months old today (and Margaret's about 6 I think), so I did my best to get pictures, but as you'll see the lack of a neck makes it impossible to get good pictures. So please excuse the poor quality here--I will try to get better pictures once I can move my neck again.

Anyway, here are my darlings at 5 months old!

Rangi the Ancona:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Roha the Exchequer Leghorn:

[​IMG]

Whiri the Light Brown Leghorn:

[​IMG]

Ihi the Golden Campine:

[​IMG]

Marama the Egyptian Fayoumi:

[​IMG]

Huka the Silver Lakenvelder:

[​IMG]

And Margie, who as I said before is closer to 6 months old:

[​IMG]

4. AATH

AATH Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2013
    Indiana
    OK everyone I'm getting ready to move and the chickens can't come with me. I have 6 laying hens that are only about 8 months old. I'm asking for 5$ a piece or a package deal or best offer. I have 2 Cornish hens 1red and 1 black sex linked and 1 white and 1 brown Leghorn. if anyone is interested 317.270.4691. I live east side in Hancock county

5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I wish I had a rooster that did that! Mine never shut up and I currnetly have 4 crowing and 5 more that should sart anytime. I'm sure that it could get annoying but I cant here it from my house!

6. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    I know there are a few on here that are interested in the heritage RIR. I have a 24 week old rooster that is on my cull list. If anyone wants him, please contact me. I am asking a rehoming fee for this guy. But it is just the cost of the chick and some of his food.

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I hope yourt neck gets better! Even if you do have a hurt neck you can still take WAY better pics than I can! Your chickens are pretty.

8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Sorry you have to get rid of your chickens. I bet you will find people to give them a great home! Good Luck

9. strssdmom

strssdmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2013
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    This of course is our first fall season with our chickens. Our grass is GONE. The chickens have depleted our backyard of anything green. I am hoping we will be closing on our new house by the end of the month, so they can have much more GREEN pastures to free range on. Our garden is almost gone, but the new fall season has brought us a new source of free treats for our girls; PERSIMMONS. We never knew what to do with all of our neighbors persimmons, which fell on our driveway and made such a mess. OUR GIRLS LOVE THEM. My daughter is enjoying picking them up daily and throwing them to the girls. It doesn't take much to entertain us, but a little chicken football is always great for a laugh.

I have only had my chickens for about 7 months, but each change in weather/season brings a different level of love for my girls.

I am a little afraid of what winter is going to bring to us. We built our coop for our little closed in yard. We have no heat source, no light source, and I am not sure how sealed it is going to be against the winds of the open pastures at our new place.

I love being a chicken flock owner. I don't think there is anything that could make me feel happier and more alive.

Hope everyone is enjoying their flock and this beautiful fall weather.

2 people like this.
  10. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Little Chance is walking!!! He is the little black one by his momma head. Still has his hobbles on until tomorrow because he is still wobbly.
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by