INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    No. They wouldnt give them back. I think it would of have been a lot easier and less complicated trying to get them back if we werent in such a tough situation, with the guy being my step dads boss. I am sad that they have my 2 favorite puppies, but I feel worse for my mom. She was going to keep one of the puppies, named and everything. The guy told my mom that his 4 year old daughter had her heart sat on that puppy. So my mom gave up the one for his daughter. He lied straight to her face! He seemed so nice. My sister went to school with and said he was a jerk (not her exact words), apperantley not much has changed.

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    last year on the way to the show, I stopped at waffle house to eat and their was a semi load of chickens their, and I thought it was pretty ironic!
    The sad thing is, is it isnt that anything came up it is that they are just trying to make a quick buck. I am glad you are getting two of the puppies, I know they are going to a good home.
    [​IMG]Good job john! I can't wait to meet everybody!

3. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Where is the poultry show everyone is going to? I'm to lazy to read that far back. ;)

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    lol, you sound like me! it is lebanon

5. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    This thread is all-encompassing: from bloody chicken poop to fantastic delicious cupcakes! [​IMG] Seriously though, we have such an interesting thread that never gets boring!
    amchicken~ WOW! Your cakes look SO good! Beautiful work! What is the name of your business? You should advertise that you use free-range eggs. (maybe you do) Thanks for sharing your photos. Love the happy couple, cute puppies, and lovely chicken.
    Old Salt~ Way to go! That's a great idea to reserve a BYC table. Please take photos to post for the rest of us who have to miss the event. bradselig~ you should call in sick! Good luck to everyone who is showing poultry! Everyone~ Have a fun time! Spray bleach your shoes. [​IMG]
    danad~ Haha Your husband would be in culture shock going from Brazil to a chicken show. Btw, I love the chicken gnome!
    J3nn~ I was "planning to" try fermented food all summer, but can't seem to make a plan! I really want to try it for my cats' food since one of them seems to throw up food more than normal although the vet couldn't find any obvious problems with him.
    vickichicki~ Congrats on your twin hatch! That sounds like great Chicken TV! Should be good "laugh therapy" to help you cope with working so much.
    pipd~ Congrats on pulling off your exams while gaming! Haha Actually, it's good to have "down time" between study sessions. That's great about Roha's first egg! I'm wondering if my two orps will ever lay their first egg. My RIR and BR are my only layers since the others are molting.

6. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

That's too far for me. Boo. Plus I have babies hatching, so that trumps poultry show. Have fun everybody! And yes M2H, this thread is the most interseting one on BYC, I'm sure of it!

7. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Hope everyone has fun today.

Sad that I won't be going. Looking forward to seeing everyone's updates after the show though.

If someone sees a beautiful splash Cochin bantam rooster and will be in the Indy area at some point... Well... I have around $30 in my chicken piggy bank. I would not say no.

8. ellymayRans

ellymayRans Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm on my way but....ugh...rain rain and ooo chilly

1 person likes this.
  9. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop

:thumbsup What do you do, if you don't mind me asking? I mean, besides chickening. ;)

:lol: The worst part was over that same weekend, I hurt my neck, so it was hard to do much more than lay around and play that game.

I got 7 eggs yesterday from 27 laying hens and 2 laying pullets, which should tell you about how many birds quit laying to molt. I'm just glad they're doing it now instead of January!

Oh, and if you post some recent pictures of your Orpington ladies I can give you my best guess at how close to laying they are. I'm betting it'll be a while, though, because as I understand, English Orpingtons (and especially Jubilee Orpingtons) are slow to mature.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  10. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    And a funny chickening story from my neck of the woods, I brought Margaret, my Silkie, inside for a visit because she squatted and it makes me happy. Well, my brother's girlfriend, who seems determined to hate my sister but be best friends with me, was outside with me when I caught Margie and decided to bring Roha inside as well. She came right over and stuck Roha right next to Margie, at which point I backed off because the other pullets are mean to poor little Margaret.

So after a brief visit, we went back outside and I put Margaret down. And then brother's girlfriend put Roha down right next to Margie. :he I started to tell her that she shouldn't've done that because now Roha will probably chase poor Margie off, when Margaret flared her hackles and grabbed onto Roha's comb! That little spitfire started a fight with Roha! I couldn't believe it! Anyway, though Margie started the fight, Roha finished it and ran her off like I thought she would. I just thought it was funny that I was trying to protect little Margaret and she ended up acting out like that. :lol: Silly girl!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by